Rose10's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rose10's Posts

The program is calculating Form 8582 AMT incorrectly for assets placed in service in the current year with Special Depreciation Allowance by making the AMT loss larger than the regular loss even thou... See more...
The program is calculating Form 8582 AMT incorrectly for assets placed in service in the current year with Special Depreciation Allowance by making the AMT loss larger than the regular loss even though the AMT depreciation is much lower than the regular depreciation as shown in Schedule E.  The AMT depreciation schedule did not pick up the Special Depreciation Allowance in the regular depreciation column and thus the AMT depreciation looks larger than the regular depreciation and making a larger depreciation adjustment to the asset.so the Passive Loss is higher in the Form 8582 AMT than in the regular Form 8582 making the allocation of allowed AMT loss incorrect and the AMT carryover loss incorrect.  Please update the program immediately to prevent further mistakes in the tax returns to be processed. Fortunately, California and Hawaii are allowed another month to file the 2022 tax returns and I am still unable to file my returns.  The rep told me to over-ride the program, but this creates a negative AMT depreciation for the current year and affects the AMT accumulated depreciation for the future years.  You probably do not want CPAs to think that Pro Connect produces erroneous returns because of programming problems.  Right?  I believe Pro Connect is a very reputable company and will do its best to fix any problem that has serious negative consequences.  Thank you for your help and I really appreciate it.
Where do you input long term care payments received from LTC insurance company on Form 1099-LTC?
Good will was sold in 2018 on installment.  How do you report receipt of payment in 2019?