Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.

jlief's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jlief's Posts

Thanks, IRonMaN. Are you actually familiar with TaxProLink or did you just do some quick online research and saw that Krysten seems to be the one useful tech they have? Thanks again!!
Yes, the tax software company, but I can only find a handful of reviews, even though they've been around for a number of years it seems.
It looks more desirable to me, mainly because 95% of my clients are out-of-state and it allows for signatures to be immediately transmitted to me on any form, like 8879 and bank products.
That was perfect- thanks!!! 713990 Football clubs, recreational
It's for football, and most people would be doing this as a non-profit endeavor. However, he's reported to me that he formed an LLC for it and he received over $20,000  in registration fees and over ... See more...
It's for football, and most people would be doing this as a non-profit endeavor. However, he's reported to me that he formed an LLC for it and he received over $20,000  in registration fees and over $12,000 in fund-raising, while having about $15,000 in expenses before I delve into his personal expenses, like driving mileage and other items he's not considered. There's no business code that comes close, but I imagine that I9 sports, that sells franchises, may use a business code that comes close to what I may need. Does anyone have any idea as to what principal business code that may be fitting as I'd hate to use 999999??!!!
But, I just read the "Terms of Use" and I can't find any way that I have violated it, so why is Intuit doing THIS to me????? How was my question asking why the child tax credit was supposed to be re... See more...
But, I just read the "Terms of Use" and I can't find any way that I have violated it, so why is Intuit doing THIS to me????? How was my question asking why the child tax credit was supposed to be refundable, when it is NOT refundable ANY violation of the "Terms of Use"???
OHHH, so the tax law ALWAYS [at least for 20 years] called a portion of the child tax credit as REFUNDABLE, as I'd never noticed that?? The congressman in Florida who got the "refundable" portion ra... See more...
OHHH, so the tax law ALWAYS [at least for 20 years] called a portion of the child tax credit as REFUNDABLE, as I'd never noticed that?? The congressman in Florida who got the "refundable" portion raised from $1,100 to $1,400 had also wanted/tried to get it to be FULLY refundable without requiring anyone to have ANY earned income, but he was rebuffed by his colleagues.
Obviously. However, THAT was not advertised by the people who got the billed passed. It's either refundable or not, and it's NOT refundable, as I said, like $1,000 of the tuition credit.
I'm not making this question political, it's just that the latest tax law was created by Republicans, and THEY were the people who "advertised" that $1,400 of the $2,000 child tax credit would be refu... See more...
I'm not making this question political, it's just that the latest tax law was created by Republicans, and THEY were the people who "advertised" that $1,400 of the $2,000 child tax credit would be refundable.  As I stated, $1,000 of the tuition credit is fully refundable, even with $ 0.00 income. And, either a credit is refundable or not. If you have $ 0.00 earned income you get $ 0.00 child tax credit, which is certainly a lot less than $1,400 refundable, huh??
Like the $1000 of the tuition credit is fully refundable, even with $ 0.00000 of any income, including $ 0.00 of earned income.
Okay, thanks so much for this info as I had no idea!! Do you know if the IRS processes EVERY tax return that software with Beta testing submits, or is it also selective as to which returns they proc... See more...
Okay, thanks so much for this info as I had no idea!! Do you know if the IRS processes EVERY tax return that software with Beta testing submits, or is it also selective as to which returns they process?
Wow, so people are already receiving acknowledgements from the IRS that their tax returns have been accepted prior to January 28!!! Does the IRS solicit people or software companies to do these "test ... See more...
Wow, so people are already receiving acknowledgements from the IRS that their tax returns have been accepted prior to January 28!!! Does the IRS solicit people or software companies to do these "test runs" or is it random? I guess it couldn't be random as no one would do it unless they knew that they might get an acknowledgement. Do TurboTax returns also receive acknowledgements of being accepted too before January 28??
You mean to say that the IRS is allowing tax returns to sit in a "ready to e-file" state PRIOR to January 28, and it has priority before the official transmission acceptance date of January 28??!!!
I have a client who is trying to beat the father of her child from filing before her. She has a right to claim child as dependent, EIC & CTC, but last year he filed before her on opening day, so we ha... See more...
I have a client who is trying to beat the father of her child from filing before her. She has a right to claim child as dependent, EIC & CTC, but last year he filed before her on opening day, so we had to mail her return in.