lvanryzin's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvanryzin's Posts

Ok, I remember draft versions of the forms populating in prior years and got nervous that my software wasn't going to work when I needed it. I don't typically try to use the software this early but ... See more...
Ok, I remember draft versions of the forms populating in prior years and got nervous that my software wasn't going to work when I needed it. I don't typically try to use the software this early but the estimated tax feature in the 2021 software wasn't robust enough to fully calculate the taxes and all the implications of the change so I was hoping I could plug it into 2022 and see the preliminary results using current rules to make sure I wasn't missing a piece of the puzzle.
I guess that works for the most part. Will the actual tax forms not populate until the filing season starts?
I downloaded the 2022 Lacerte software and pro forma'd all my clients. I was playing around with one of them doing some tax planning and tried to go to the forms tab to see where their taxes due was ... See more...
I downloaded the 2022 Lacerte software and pro forma'd all my clients. I was playing around with one of them doing some tax planning and tried to go to the forms tab to see where their taxes due was coming in and I noticed that every tax form is a blank white page with a message "This form is not available for this release". I updated my software and got the same message. Is it not fully up and running yet? I thought it would use last year's forms or draft versions. Maybe I'm doing this earlier than I've tried to in previous years. I understand that forms are not all final yet, but I wanted to make sure something didn't go wrong with my installation of the product. I use the desktop version of Lacerte. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
UPDATE: I did figure this out...I'm not sure how to delete the question though.   I know I've dealt with this diagnostic before...I just did it the other day. I swear there was a field that I could... See more...
UPDATE: I did figure this out...I'm not sure how to delete the question though.   I know I've dealt with this diagnostic before...I just did it the other day. I swear there was a field that I could put an amount of adjustment to allocate to Net Rental Income, but I can't find it anymore. I think I updated my software between it working and it not working. I updated again today hoping it would be fixed. Am I blind or did it disappear? I'm preparing a 1065 return for 2021 Here's the diagnostic: When both ordinary income and net rental real estate income are reported on WI form 3 part II col b by default the program allocates 100% to ordinary income. If you wish to allocate a portion of the adjustment to net rental income go into WI sch K input and enter a % in 'Percentage to be allocated to Net RRE income (code 500) (ref #45839)
Yes, it doesn't seem to be preventing efiling. Thank you!
Thank you! I don't know why I couldn't find that!
I have a return that has fixed assets maintained in another software. Is there a way to directly input the 4562 numbers into my S Corp return without having all the fixed assets entered into Lacerte?