barbcpa's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barbcpa's Posts

Our Lacerte individual database became so corrupted we were down for five days because the regular techs couldn't find out what was wrong.  So it was escalated to the mucky mucks who couldn't call us... See more...
Our Lacerte individual database became so corrupted we were down for five days because the regular techs couldn't find out what was wrong.  So it was escalated to the mucky mucks who couldn't call us for five days.  When they finally did call it was a five minute process to run it through the update that was coming out in two days.  Having said that we are still only 90% there and don't have the time to deal with them right now.  We have had our Options reset so many times I have lost count.  And our workstations won't hold the updates even though we use the Tool Hub.  The only way we got the mucky mucks to call us is when another Lacerte user suggested I contact sales and that seemed to do the trick.   I know we say every year is the worst but to lose five days between March 30 and April 3 is unforgiveable.  I have been a customer for over 25 years and I can't believe this is how far down Lacerte has fallen.   
I think this was an issue that had no solution until the tech support people pushed the programmers to get it fixed.  As I said, the patch is coming out on Tuesday so that means there was no solution.
Tried that several times with no help.
Man, we are too.  Thank you for your thoughts on ideas to try to fix it.  I was really grasping by posting on here but I do appreciate your taking the time.
It turns out I am not the only person having this issue.  I was happening so much so that they are coming out with an update on Tuesday that will solve the problem.  It took the escalation department... See more...
It turns out I am not the only person having this issue.  I was happening so much so that they are coming out with an update on Tuesday that will solve the problem.  It took the escalation department guy about five minutes to take the file that was corrupt, run the patch and reload it onto my machine.  There were a few other minor issue but all told it probably took less than thirty minutes to get everything fixed.  We sent down on Wednesday morning.  We got it fixed this Sunday morning.  It is going to be a long two weeks.
We have, 3 times.  On the server as well as each workstation.
Great idea!  Thank you!
Our database became corrupted Wednesday morning March 29.  I have spoken with five technicians, none of which have been able to resolve the problem.  My outside IT company worked for an hour trying t... See more...
Our database became corrupted Wednesday morning March 29.  I have spoken with five technicians, none of which have been able to resolve the problem.  My outside IT company worked for an hour trying to find out what the problem is as well for which I have to pay.  I was told by Agent #1 at Lacerte on Wednesday after over 3 hours of trying to resolve the issue that it had to be escalated and they would call back within 24 to 48 hours.  I told him that was unacceptable and after doing something offline he came back on and said they would call back within 24 hours. On March 30, we had not heard from them within the 24 hour period so I called around 11:00 a.m.  The agent I spoke to said they had the referral to the escalation department but the previous agent did not put any notes in so they didn't know what the issue was.  Agent #2 reached out to Agent #1 and found that he was just now in the  process of writing the troubleshooting notes.  Agent #2 then tried to help and after 1.5 hours with him he referred me to another agent.  Agent #3 tried for an hour to see if she could find the issue and she said it was an issue that only the escalation department would be able to resolve.  I asked to speak to a supervisor.   Supervisor #1 called and after explaining my extreme frustration he reached out to the escalation department and they guaranteed they would reach out to me this Friday morning.  Because of the time difference I was in my office at 6 a.m. in case they called.  It is now 10:00 a.m. and I have not heard from anyone.   I have emailed Supervisor #1 to tell him to find out what is going on now!  I also called again and am on hold with Agent #4.  She is, just as with everyone else, trying to find out what is going on.  I have been on hold now for 45 minutes.  Supervisor #1 has emailed me back stating he is going to contact the escalation department to see what is going on.   I have just been told they tried to call me twice this morning at our office number.  I gave the agents my cell phone number to call because our switchboard doesn't open before 8:30 and they, of course, tried to call the office. Everyone is seeing what is going on but not one person is resolving the issue.  This illusive escalation department absolutely does not give a crap about the custo
What screen do you use to input Form 8990 Schedule A detail
Client does a backdoor conversion of non-deductible IRA to Roth but for the first time I am getting Diagnostic Error #9635 for "excess deferrals that reduced income may be added to wages".  Nothing is... See more...
Client does a backdoor conversion of non-deductible IRA to Roth but for the first time I am getting Diagnostic Error #9635 for "excess deferrals that reduced income may be added to wages".  Nothing is different this year so I am not sure why I am getting the diagnostic.  Any ideas?
I will do that.  It is on the list.  Thanks anyway.
Unfortunately my settings were all those you suggested.  I don't think it is a printer problem but rather a Lacerte to Windows 10.  I never had this problem before I switched.
Does anyone else have a problem printing from Lacerte 2018 on a Windows 10 computer?  It is brand new but it takes forever to process the return.