sewcpa's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sewcpa's Posts

I am following this topic and want notice in email when discussion is added.
I just completed Franchise tax forms directly on TX Comptroller website for a company that is closing (need the Tax Clearance Letter. What was surprising was that their website insisted on my filing... See more...
I just completed Franchise tax forms directly on TX Comptroller website for a company that is closing (need the Tax Clearance Letter. What was surprising was that their website insisted on my filing a Franchise Tax (used the EZform) before I could get the Clearance Letter even when we are told that only the Public Info Page would be needed for nearly all of our clients. So we need to watch how TX Comptroller records that are clients have complied when the No Tax Due no longer exists.
I also am uncertain what you are asking about. To file the TX Franchise tax we must start with the IRS return and mark the info worksheet (in federal) that we are doing the state return, and if it w... See more...
I also am uncertain what you are asking about. To file the TX Franchise tax we must start with the IRS return and mark the info worksheet (in federal) that we are doing the state return, and if it was extended unmark the extension box; then go to the state worksheet where much of the setup carries from the federal. You MUST have the Texas WEBFILE Code [XT______] entered near the end of the state worksheet and most entity types must clear errors in the federal and file no earlier than the IRS return (can not file the Franchise tax before the 1065 is filed but can file simultaneously) When having issues with filing thru ProSeries I will go straight to TX Comptroller website and file on the state website (must have that Webfile code to gain access) You will need the State acct number and Sec of State file number either way. These other numbers can be found on the reminder letter that TX sent your client in January or on the TX Comptroller website lookup tool for franchise status. Good luck.
Does IRMN's specialty (fish covered in lye) count as sushi?
I just got one accepted in the past hour. Filed in TX And I agree with Lisa - good luck
Florida Dept Economic Opportunity 36-4706134 PO Box 5350 Tallahassee FL 32314  
A 5498 has the potential to show a bunch of information. For you it is proof that funds were rolled over if IRS does not believe the return that the 1099R is tax free. The FMV might be used if there... See more...
A 5498 has the potential to show a bunch of information. For you it is proof that funds were rolled over if IRS does not believe the return that the 1099R is tax free. The FMV might be used if there was a distribution and there was basis in IRAs. The contribution box might show a deduction. There are spaces for folks that have Req Minimum Distribution issues. You do not need to enter it anywhere.  
I do not understand. Why does the software company matter more to you than the professional who would be signing the return?  
I agree with what you (PATAX) say. I usually visit here in the evenings after the clients get out of the way and so usually it is too late to participate in discussions unless someone is desperate fo... See more...
I agree with what you (PATAX) say. I usually visit here in the evenings after the clients get out of the way and so usually it is too late to participate in discussions unless someone is desperate for an answer that I really know.  But I need the smiles that I get from reading everyone's comments for the day. I would like to add that in TX we do have a state tax on corporations and LLC which is due May 15th. This includes the fools who chose to get an LLC without asking if it was a good idea. So one more deadline that is immediate.  And then those folks that are extended are asking when theirs will be ready (already)!!!  
I had been expecting the IRS computer to crash or something in the final 24 hours as it had done twice in the past decade so I have been pleased with how this season ended.  (Several returns filed an... See more...
I had been expecting the IRS computer to crash or something in the final 24 hours as it had done twice in the past decade so I have been pleased with how this season ended.  (Several returns filed and accepted on Tuesday and a last minute extension at 6 pm accepted in less than an hour. Since only one still waiting is the NJ traveling nurse with her other states all accepted--this is great situation.)
I have a single NJ nonresident hanging since Saturday  
Choose one LLC to do the Franchise Tax in ProSeries.  Do each of the other Franchise Tax filings on the State Comptroller website directly.  
XT is for franchise tax RT is for sales tax FQ is sent with State Comptroller "welcome letter" and later there is another letter with the XTcode Client needs to find the rest of the mail or he nee... See more...
XT is for franchise tax RT is for sales tax FQ is sent with State Comptroller "welcome letter" and later there is another letter with the XTcode Client needs to find the rest of the mail or he needs to contact State Comptroller and ask for it to be sent again
You might want to use the asset entry page for each asset. There is a button for more info right under the current depreciation amount and the accumulated amount. Clicking it gets you to a worksheet/... See more...
You might want to use the asset entry page for each asset. There is a button for more info right under the current depreciation amount and the accumulated amount. Clicking it gets you to a worksheet/table of depreciation per yr & running total.  
You do know that type A & type D stock sales (where brokerage supplied the costs to IRS) you can enter the total proceeds and total costs for short term and totals for long term at the top of the 109... See more...
You do know that type A & type D stock sales (where brokerage supplied the costs to IRS) you can enter the total proceeds and total costs for short term and totals for long term at the top of the 1099B worksheet?  (as long as not wash sales).  This change happened a couple of yrs ago and speeds up the process.
The comment that an update fixed it means that we (you and me both) need to do the update on the 2021 program. I keep meaning to do that but... We all have to update daily /weekly the current yr. Th... See more...
The comment that an update fixed it means that we (you and me both) need to do the update on the 2021 program. I keep meaning to do that but... We all have to update daily /weekly the current yr. The work around that was mentioned earlier in the thread was to use the proper current date in the file even if it causes a red flag by Intuit. Save the return and go to the efile homebase. Select the file to transmit & convert - at that screen uncheck the "error checking" by Intuit button and send return to IRS I will now do the update of prior yr program myself to my computer to current status
Some folks efile from within the return while others go to the efile homebase view and select a return to transmit.  You must save and exit the client file and go to efile homebase to get the option... See more...
Some folks efile from within the return while others go to the efile homebase view and select a return to transmit.  You must save and exit the client file and go to efile homebase to get the option to disable Intuit's error checking. Good luck
There are 2 types of error.  Intuit marks the date in red and labels it in error if not a date in 2022. IRS rejects a return that does not have a 2023 date. We do NOT care what Intuit says since IRS... See more...
There are 2 types of error.  Intuit marks the date in red and labels it in error if not a date in 2022. IRS rejects a return that does not have a 2023 date. We do NOT care what Intuit says since IRS is the definitive one.  So put in the real date. Save and exit the return to go to Efile Center homebase. Select the return and unmark "error checking by Intuit" as the last step to convert & transmit.  IRS will get the return and accept it.
We printed 1099MISC for payments to attorneys rather than NEC