RDW's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDW's Posts

When a partnership return is electronically filed, why doesn't the due date of the return show up on the filing instructions? If it's not electronically filed, it shows up. Seems obvious to me that t... See more...
When a partnership return is electronically filed, why doesn't the due date of the return show up on the filing instructions? If it's not electronically filed, it shows up. Seems obvious to me that this should be on there. Am I missing something?  Is there a box to check for it to show up?
I guess my issue has been discussed last month (did not know that).  I see this "fix" that you suggested but I have two questions:  (1) there are a lot of tabs in Settings, Options.  Can you tell me ... See more...
I guess my issue has been discussed last month (did not know that).  I see this "fix" that you suggested but I have two questions:  (1) there are a lot of tabs in Settings, Options.  Can you tell me exactly where the SSN suppression is?  (2) what does this do to the print out?  If the primary SSN does not come out, then this doesn't seem like a good "work around" to me.  Thanks.
Thank you for the reply.  So is there a way to structure the contract differently?  Did I not structure it properly?  I realize what is going on, but I don't understand the rationale....and my out-of... See more...
Thank you for the reply.  So is there a way to structure the contract differently?  Did I not structure it properly?  I realize what is going on, but I don't understand the rationale....and my out-of-state clients don't either.  I have to invoice each of them an extra $50 (or pay for it out of my own pocket).  This can add up to a not so insignificant dollar amount. Just trying to find out a way (if there is one) to reduce my software costs.  I have used Lacerte for 11 years, yet found out only a couple of years ago that I could request refunds of state return charges under certain circumstances.  I wish I had known this the first several years, as it cost me quite a bit.  I have been much more conscious of this over the last few years. Thanks again!
I have a question for the Lacerte-using Community (I hope this is an appropriate forum to ask this question): I purchased the 200 return package for individuals.  The only thing I am invoiced for ad... See more...
I have a question for the Lacerte-using Community (I hope this is an appropriate forum to ask this question): I purchased the 200 return package for individuals.  The only thing I am invoiced for additionally is additional states (other than my home state) in which they need to file.  What this means is if I have a client who files in my home state, plus one other state, I am invoiced supplementally for one additional state.  What this also means is if I have an out-of-state client (i.e. NOT my home state), I am billed for that out-of-state return as well.  Does anyone understand the rationale as to why each of my clients don't get a federal and one state return (regardless of their home state) without a supplemental charge included in the package? I'm probably going to get an "it is what it is" answer, but I ask this question as the additional state charges aren't getting any cheaper, and I pass the out-of-pocket costs on to my client.  Some inquiring clients don't quite understand this, and I potentially might be losing some as a result.  Or maybe I'm going to get a surprise answer telling me that I should have been requesting a credit for such state charges all along and I've been overpaying for years?!?! Has anyone else asked the question of Lacerte and received an answer?  They removed the account representative assigned to me for some unknown reason...so I would have no idea to who I would ask this question if I were to call in.
I see a lot of posts about the change of the deadline to 7/15/20 and one post that says you can do the EF override to get it to e-file with a payment date after 4/15/20.  But I do not see any discuss... See more...
I see a lot of posts about the change of the deadline to 7/15/20 and one post that says you can do the EF override to get it to e-file with a payment date after 4/15/20.  But I do not see any discussion as to how/where to change that date.  I see the override I can enter on Screen 3 but it won't accept any date after 4/15/20.  Where is this date change supposed to be entered?