MarvinE's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MarvinE's Posts

For individual returns, how far back can we e-file.  I have returns from 2016 to 2022 but doubt that I can e-file all years.   Would it be any different for corporate returns?
For last 20 years, TP has unallowed passive losses on a rent house that has now grown to $30,000 of unallowed losses..   TP sells the rent house in 2022 and the only reason he has a profit is that he... See more...
For last 20 years, TP has unallowed passive losses on a rent house that has now grown to $30,000 of unallowed losses..   TP sells the rent house in 2022 and the only reason he has a profit is that he has fully depreciated the property while it was owned.  How can we take advantage of the prior unallowed passive losses on this rent house in the current year of sale of the house?
I use hosting of LaCerte through Right Networks.  This AM, the computer and screen worked well.  I shut down about mid-Afternoon but when I logged back in, my icon for 21 is missing.  When the progra... See more...
I use hosting of LaCerte through Right Networks.  This AM, the computer and screen worked well.  I shut down about mid-Afternoon but when I logged back in, my icon for 21 is missing.  When the program was on my computer, I could go "under the hood" and re-start the program.  How can I get the 21 program running?  It is a long time before support is open tomorrow.  Any help?
I have used the Right Networks cloud system for 2020 returns and found it to be good.  I also have my standalone Lacerte programs and now want to save my client files from the cloud to my standalone ... See more...
I have used the Right Networks cloud system for 2020 returns and found it to be good.  I also have my standalone Lacerte programs and now want to save my client files from the cloud to my standalone programs.  What are the steps to accomplish this?
Must have goofed on the first post so will re-post.  I just want to eliminate the Two-Step Verification.   The instructions say to first go to "My Account" but when I do, I end up at "My Account Dash... See more...
Must have goofed on the first post so will re-post.  I just want to eliminate the Two-Step Verification.   The instructions say to first go to "My Account" but when I do, I end up at "My Account Dashboard" and there is nothing there relating to sign-in security, two-step verification, or anything related.  How am I messing up and how do I get to the screen to eliminate the two-step verification?  As a sole practitioner, I do not need the two-step setup that larger firms may require.
The Feb 2021 date is for returns for 2020.   My client was late so we are dealing with the 2019 return that will not go through the e-file process.  Thanks for your reply anyway.
I completed an individual 2019 return in early December, with several states attached, and attempted to e-file it then.    It was rejected on the grounds that: "The IRS and states have temporarily s... See more...
I completed an individual 2019 return in early December, with several states attached, and attempted to e-file it then.    It was rejected on the grounds that: "The IRS and states have temporarily stopped accepting transmissions of TY19 individual e-filings.  The IRS and states will not accept transmissions of 2019 individual e-file submissions until January" I have attempted follow-up filings on January 5,  January 12, and Jan 19 for this client all with the same message.  Does anyone know of when such 2019 returns may be e-filed or what an alternative may be?
I note in the Critical Diagnosis section of the return stating: Your direct deposit of he tax refund has been disallowed since the return was filed after November, 2020  (ref $ 46723) Obviously, th... See more...
I note in the Critical Diagnosis section of the return stating: Your direct deposit of he tax refund has been disallowed since the return was filed after November, 2020  (ref $ 46723) Obviously, this is an error since none of the 2020 returns have been filed yet and we are well past the stated November 2020 date.   Please point this out to the   
I have found an error in the computation of a penalty on the Louisiana return and need to know who at Lacerte that the error needs to be reported to.
OK, I get the hang of overriding the K-1s which I can do.  Will we definitely need an agreement by all shareholders for the changes?   If so, is there a form to use or do we just create a page with t... See more...
OK, I get the hang of overriding the K-1s which I can do.  Will we definitely need an agreement by all shareholders for the changes?   If so, is there a form to use or do we just create a page with the applicable data on it?  And is there a requirement that a change in such ownerhip be mailed in rather than e-filed?  Before we finalize this, I want to tell you a big THANKS for giving me direction when I was lost.
I can understand the concept of the per-day calculation but where in Lacerte is that data entered?
S Corp has 3 members and one drops out mid-year and lets the corp buy his interest.  He and the others expect he will have S-corp income for the first 5 months and none for the remainder of the year.... See more...
S Corp has 3 members and one drops out mid-year and lets the corp buy his interest.  He and the others expect he will have S-corp income for the first 5 months and none for the remainder of the year.  I can only find accounting for the entire year but nothing on part year owners.   What can I do?