legal's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

legal's Posts

She doesn't know what she did.  She thinks she filed an extension.  I am asking her how, when, etc. but haven't heard back yet.  If she filed her return, she would have to get a copy of it so it can ... See more...
She doesn't know what she did.  She thinks she filed an extension.  I am asking her how, when, etc. but haven't heard back yet.  If she filed her return, she would have to get a copy of it so it can be amended, but otherwise, could print a copy and paper file.
Message when attempting to efile (it I have not tried to efile previously; client said she only efiled an Extension)  Looks like it's hung up with ProSeries Basic 2021   (10) The submission is a du... See more...
Message when attempting to efile (it I have not tried to efile previously; client said she only efiled an Extension)  Looks like it's hung up with ProSeries Basic 2021   (10) The submission is a duplicate of one that was previously received.  Please contact customer support.  
I don't see a magnifying glass except for Find Form.  Is this only in the Federal portion?  I open the State portion and there is nothing when I get to line 22.  Just a blank.  Right-clicking only af... See more...
I don't see a magnifying glass except for Find Form.  Is this only in the Federal portion?  I open the State portion and there is nothing when I get to line 22.  Just a blank.  Right-clicking only affords me the Override option...a few more, but not an icon.
I'm not sure about the magnifying glass box.  Will try that...  Yes all the itemized deductions transferred.    I noticed line 23 reads that THIS LINE MUST BE FILLED IN.  Not necessarily line 22.  ... See more...
I'm not sure about the magnifying glass box.  Will try that...  Yes all the itemized deductions transferred.    I noticed line 23 reads that THIS LINE MUST BE FILLED IN.  Not necessarily line 22.  Could this be why since taxpayer is using itemized, the form "skips" over the Standard Deduction?   This same Taxpayer had her taxes 'corrected' last year because this Standard Deduction would not fill in.   What is this Magnifying Glass Box?
I was on the phone with ProSeries Basic Tech Support for over 2 hours and we could NOT enable the ProSeries Basic program for State of Hawaii's Standard Deduction after itemizing.  State of Hawaii re... See more...
I was on the phone with ProSeries Basic Tech Support for over 2 hours and we could NOT enable the ProSeries Basic program for State of Hawaii's Standard Deduction after itemizing.  State of Hawaii requires that you complete that "Standard Deduction" line to file your taxes.  I am frustrated that there is nothing else I can do but to override....which means I won't be able to efile the taxes.  Any suggestions?
I want to enable the Standard Deduction for the State of Hawaii as several of my customers have their state taxes "corrected" because the program won't allow me to use that deduction!  Is there somet... See more...
I want to enable the Standard Deduction for the State of Hawaii as several of my customers have their state taxes "corrected" because the program won't allow me to use that deduction!  Is there something special I'm supposed to check off?
The problem is because they used to live in Hawaii and now that I have changed everything to TX, the Income portion of their W2s still show up as a 'red lined' item because the program keeps asking f... See more...
The problem is because they used to live in Hawaii and now that I have changed everything to TX, the Income portion of their W2s still show up as a 'red lined' item because the program keeps asking for a State ID number when there is none.  Is there something I can put in like 99999999? Mahalo!
I have a client on 2020 that won't transfer to 2021.  What is going on?
In each case where an older tax return is prepared for State of Hawaii, N-311 automatically pops up.  The credit cannot be claimed for any previous year as it is only good for the year in which this ... See more...
In each case where an older tax return is prepared for State of Hawaii, N-311 automatically pops up.  The credit cannot be claimed for any previous year as it is only good for the year in which this credit was intended (the current tax year).  Therefore it is a hassle to constantly remove the form and in one case I had to override to remove.  Is there something that can be patched or taken care of in some way?   Mahalo from Maui, No Ka Oi!  
Client lives in Oregon and rents out his Hawaii property.  I am attempting to pull up an N-15 form (non-resident) yet I keep getting the N-11 (resident).  What's the deal?  Many Mahalos!
Thank you all so much.  I finally got Edward Jones to get me the basis for the past few years and it settled the whole matter.  NO tax involved.  It's choosing the correct forms and the Where Do I En... See more...
Thank you all so much.  I finally got Edward Jones to get me the basis for the past few years and it settled the whole matter.  NO tax involved.  It's choosing the correct forms and the Where Do I Enter helped with all of your immediate responses.  Now to tackle the next two biggies on my plate that keep me up at night!   Many thanks!    
When I entered the Code J on a ROTH/IRA distribution, it came up as taxable on this program.  The guy at Edward Jones was adamant that it was NOT taxable because the client has been putting in the re... See more...
When I entered the Code J on a ROTH/IRA distribution, it came up as taxable on this program.  The guy at Edward Jones was adamant that it was NOT taxable because the client has been putting in the required $6500 per year since 2009 and he was "just taking it out."  I can't find anything regarding Code J and it not being used for a First Time Home Buyer situation.  He actually used the funds for a new truck and was delighted with the purchase.  Now he is not delighted with the Tax hit!  Am I missing something here?  
Then that must be the same for the N-11 Resident Tax Form.  Thank you!!
In 1099-R distributions, Code 7 is NOT taxable in the State of Hawaii and Code 1 is.  Anyone run into this?
I am trying to amend taxes after ProSeries Basic 2020 is not calculating properly.  First in the itemized deductions if the AGI for MFJ is OVER $166,800, certain itemized deductions cannot be used.  ... See more...
I am trying to amend taxes after ProSeries Basic 2020 is not calculating properly.  First in the itemized deductions if the AGI for MFJ is OVER $166,800, certain itemized deductions cannot be used.  This figure does not seem to be a part of the 2020 updates...and I'm having tax returns being corrected  by the STATE because of this.  I would like to talk to one of the programmers to see if this was inadvertently omitted!  It's taken me several weeks to figure out why the State Tax Office differs with my figures through the tax program...and after looking at all of the 'instructions,' it seems fairly clear there is a problem here Houston!    
I'm familiar with Hawaii taxes; however we are still an INFANT STATE at 52 years old!  (think of YOUR state...if it were only 52 years old would you still be "horse and buggy" days?)  So there are st... See more...
I'm familiar with Hawaii taxes; however we are still an INFANT STATE at 52 years old!  (think of YOUR state...if it were only 52 years old would you still be "horse and buggy" days?)  So there are still many unanswered questions and State of Hawaii hasn't assisted many of us other than tossing out its most "updated" facts.   Please let me know if I can help...Kit Ah Loy on Maui, Hawaii.
Check for a retirement exclusion worksheet.  It should apply to all taxes, both resident and non-resident.
MANY places are hiring.  Are you ready to leave?
Yes, thank you for that.  I just read the State of Hawaii's update and it is not giving anything as a CREDIT or refund on unemployment compensation.  Wow-laulau!
I still don't see anything in the State of Hawaii's tax return for any update for the UCE.  Any idea when we may see that?