Sjpcpa's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sjpcpa's Posts

Additional Clarification -- The Ptnrship is husband and wife. The S Corp is the same husband, wife and their son. The Ptnrship checking account had more money at the time of land purchase. The Ptnrsh... See more...
Additional Clarification -- The Ptnrship is husband and wife. The S Corp is the same husband, wife and their son. The Ptnrship checking account had more money at the time of land purchase. The Ptnrship recorded the land purchase price as a draw by the ptnrs. The S Corp recorded the purchase of the land as an asset with a corresponding payable. The ptnrs to be reimbursed when the improved property was sold.  The business of transferring the title was never taken care of.  The Ptnrship received a 1099-S from the abstract co for $515,000. The Ptnrship sent S Corp 1099-S for $515,000.  I thought that recognizing the receipt of the 1099-S from the abstract co and the sending of the 1099-S from the Ptnrship to the S Corp on form 1065 Sch D, form 8949 or 4797 would show a wash of the transaction.  The ptnrs are not trying to disguise a sale to evade taxes. I can not see the forest for the trees. 
Family ptnrship name is on the real estate title in 2019.  Family ptnrship purchased land.The Land was booked on the family S Corp (residential construction co). The S Corp was started in 2019. A hou... See more...
Family ptnrship name is on the real estate title in 2019.  Family ptnrship purchased land.The Land was booked on the family S Corp (residential construction co). The S Corp was started in 2019. A house was built on the land by the S Corp and sold in 2020. The S Corp shut down after building the one house. The ptnrsh received the 1099-S ($515,000) at sale. The ptnrship sent S Corp a 1099-S ($515,000). Lacerte does not allow form 8949 code N on the ptnrship return.
Construction Spec Home Builder is required to capitalize all expense. This is the first (short) year in business the one house under construction has not sold.  How do I report this on 4562  in Lacer... See more...
Construction Spec Home Builder is required to capitalize all expense. This is the first (short) year in business the one house under construction has not sold.  How do I report this on 4562  in Lacerte. They have purchased equipment . How do it enter the assets in Lacerte and not show a deduction as it has been capitalized. Line 23 did not work for me as expected.