cdb's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cdb's Posts

It ended up being several of our clients.  We were instructed to do this even though no breach could be found on our end.  If you have more than a "few" people, it may be worth reaching out to your P... See more...
It ended up being several of our clients.  We were instructed to do this even though no breach could be found on our end.  If you have more than a "few" people, it may be worth reaching out to your Practitioner Liaison for recommendations.  https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/stakeholder-liaison-local-contacts. The 14039 and 8948 are exactly what you need to do, regardless.  Hope this helps!  
Thanks for replying!  It has been crazy.  We have been made aware by the representative that we are working with at the data loss unit of the IRS, that he alone, is working with over 50 practitioners... See more...
Thanks for replying!  It has been crazy.  We have been made aware by the representative that we are working with at the data loss unit of the IRS, that he alone, is working with over 50 practitioners..multiply that by however many clients they have...  Yes, I would agree that it is widespread (even more so with COVID scams).  It seems to me it could be solved with everyone being REQUIRED to have the IRS send IP PINs to everyone each year. The cost savings in manpower and for unrecovered fraudulent refunds would be in the millions.  Good luck to you and so very sorry this is happening to you, as well. 
I am not getting that error, but it is generating filing instructions/letter for state Franchise and Excise Tax for every individual client.... meaning even those who do not have that piece.  I have ... See more...
I am not getting that error, but it is generating filing instructions/letter for state Franchise and Excise Tax for every individual client.... meaning even those who do not have that piece.  I have been on hold forever, but the recording keeps saying check here if we are getting odd error messages on Lacerte. Mine was fine until the update about 2 hours ago.  
Thank you.  Double checked this morning.  Everything matches. Please keep the suggestions coming.  
We have confirmation from our IT dept that our system was not breached. I will definitely take your advice on the hand-washing 🙂  !!  Thanks.
We have had a significant uptick in IRS rejects due to taxpayer ID showing return already submitted.  Has anyone else seen this anomaly for this filing season? I'm talking about MANY returns, not a f... See more...
We have had a significant uptick in IRS rejects due to taxpayer ID showing return already submitted.  Has anyone else seen this anomaly for this filing season? I'm talking about MANY returns, not a few where you could actually say they might be fraudulent activity.  Here is the error:  Reject: Taxpayer TIN in the Return Header must not be the same as a TIN of a previously accepted electronic return for the return type and tax period indicated in the tax return. Reject Resolution: This return was rejected by the IRS because the taxpayer's identification number assigned to this return has already been filed and accepted by the IRS. Please verify that you have accurately entered the taxpayer's SSN or TIN and make corrections if required. If no errors have been made in the entry of the taxpayer's SSN or EIN, it may be necessary to contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for further guidance.