kgreen8393's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kgreen8393's Posts

Has anyone heard of when the Forms will be available for Form 990-T?  This return is due April 15th.  The banner at the top says Historically has been released within ten days of final version availa... See more...
Has anyone heard of when the Forms will be available for Form 990-T?  This return is due April 15th.  The banner at the top says Historically has been released within ten days of final version availability.  This Form was final and available 11/17/2023.  I don't understand the delay.  Since these returns must be E-Filed, this is causing issues.  
E-Filing is currently not open.  You will need to wait until it opens later this month to E-File.
Many times with a couple, if the spouse that passed was the taxpayer, we will switch and list the surviving spouse as the taxpayer and the deceased as the spouse.  This will usually allow an e-file.
Select 1=Short Term in the disposition screen and then it should be reported on line 10
Had this same issue with one of our workstations about 10 min ago.  Rebooted the computer and was able to get in.  Not sure if the reboot was the fix or if Lacerte fixed the issue.
I had this issue last week as well.  Maybe this is an error from a recent update?
When all else fails, Paper file the no tax due extension.
We haven't had any issues with locking up.  We do not use RightNetworks, so maybe that is the issue.
The program will reduce wages (it will show on a Statement), then include the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation on Schedule 1, line 8t.  Presentation for 2022 is just reporting the amount on Schedul... See more...
The program will reduce wages (it will show on a Statement), then include the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation on Schedule 1, line 8t.  Presentation for 2022 is just reporting the amount on Schedule 1 versus as wages.
See screen 3.2 for Electronic filing.  There is a Section for Superseded Returns that gives you instructions and a box to check to file a Superseded Return.
I checked the only client I have with this carryover.  You will enter this information in Screen 13.1  (Pensions, IRAs) and on the left side go to 2020 Qualified Disaster Distributions (Form 8915F). ... See more...
I checked the only client I have with this carryover.  You will enter this information in Screen 13.1  (Pensions, IRAs) and on the left side go to 2020 Qualified Disaster Distributions (Form 8915F).  You can then enter the original distribution on the first line of this section and farther down list the amounts reported in prior years.  I hope this helps.
I am having the same issue.  For Entities that have been around prior to this year, the Federal percentage is out six digits, which is what AZ used to use.  Now AZ uses four digits.  I assumed based ... See more...
I am having the same issue.  For Entities that have been around prior to this year, the Federal percentage is out six digits, which is what AZ used to use.  Now AZ uses four digits.  I assumed based upon rounding that was what was causing the diagnostics.  I have a new entity this year and I purposely only used four digits for the Federal percentage so I would not get the AZ diagnostic.  I still have the diagnostic on a new entity where it does total 1.00. It says it is a critical diagnostic, but doesn't say e-file diagnostic so I'm hoping I can e-file without issue.  Fingers crossed. Anyone else E-File an AZ partnership return yet?
Yes, I was starting to prepare a gift tax return in December.  The Forms were available long before the Individual Forms
You can try to clear the E-File status.  Go to E-File at top task bar, then e-file Support Tools and then Clear Return and select the Return and also the Extension if it was extended.  This should cl... See more...
You can try to clear the E-File status.  Go to E-File at top task bar, then e-file Support Tools and then Clear Return and select the Return and also the Extension if it was extended.  This should clear all E-file information.
I do not believe Lacerte supports this Form.  It must be prepared outside of the software and the return should then be paper filed.
I've noticed that many K-1's I received from other tax software include the pages from the K-1 instructions that show the codes as part of the K-1.   However, this adds 4 extra pages to the K-1.
I had this issue last week.  A reboot of the computer fixed the issue.  I would try that.
Thank you.  This is interesting information.
I would like to know this as well.  I have very large partnership's with over 300 partners.  These returns are required to be e-filed, but the pdf attachment for the K-3's is too large to e-file.  Th... See more...
I would like to know this as well.  I have very large partnership's with over 300 partners.  These returns are required to be e-filed, but the pdf attachment for the K-3's is too large to e-file.  These returns have been sitting patiently waiting to e-file with the K-3.  This is also holding up the State returns where you must e-file the Federal first. Is the IRS really accepting these via E-File and therefore at this point it is just a Lacerte issue or is the IRS not yet accepting E-Filed K-3's?
Have you "extended" the return in Lacerte?  If so, the due date should change.  If you just printed the extension but didn't check the boxes to extend the return, the program does not know you extend... See more...
Have you "extended" the return in Lacerte?  If so, the due date should change.  If you just printed the extension but didn't check the boxes to extend the return, the program does not know you extended and the original due date will be shown.