ESHRIMPS's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESHRIMPS's Posts

Oh of course. I was thinking the original return was the one I prepared, but of course it isn't.  Thank you!
I am trying to complete a current year 1040X for a client and Column A isn't populating with the current amounts. I feel like in the past there was a box to check to populate Column A, but I can't fi... See more...
I am trying to complete a current year 1040X for a client and Column A isn't populating with the current amounts. I feel like in the past there was a box to check to populate Column A, but I can't find anything on the form. I'm not actually making any changes to the amounts on the original return, the only reason I need to file amended is because my client's return was rejected since they apparently used the Non-Filers Tool to update their direct deposit information.    How do I get Column A to populate?
I have several clients who owe money this year and asked me to wait to e-file until after they receive their stimulus checks so they can figure out how to best pay their 2019 taxes. All of them are g... See more...
I have several clients who owe money this year and asked me to wait to e-file until after they receive their stimulus checks so they can figure out how to best pay their 2019 taxes. All of them are getting "Status not Available message" on the IRS Get My Payment website. I am wondering if they haven't gotten their payment because they hadn't filed yet, but I'm also wondering if I e-file their returns now if it will actually delay their payment further? They are asking for advice and I'm not sure what to tell them. Has anyone heard anything from the IRS about whether filing right now will delay their payment until their 2019 return is processed?
As I said, lots of companies making products available for free. I'm checking out PandaDoc right now. Thanks for the tip!
There are a lot of software companies who have stepped up and made part or all of their product temporarily free during this public health crisis. People are being asked to make enormous personal sac... See more...
There are a lot of software companies who have stepped up and made part or all of their product temporarily free during this public health crisis. People are being asked to make enormous personal sacrifices right now for the collective good, there is no reason that large companies like Intuit can't do the same if they have the ability to make it even slightly easier for people to practice effective social distancing. The responsibility to verify clients' identity exists for businesses that are currently using e-signature, clearly that doesn't preclude the benefit of being able to have clients sign their returns electronically. Some clients are not going to be comfortable sending their 8879 through email, and not everyone has the ability to fax documents from their home. Making e-signature readily available to everyone who has already purchased an Intuit product would be a small but meaningful gesture from a large company to show that they understand the hardship that many of us are experiencing. And, if all stores had hand sanitizer dispensers and wipes readily available throughout the store we'd be in a lot better shape than we are right now.
Intuit should do the socially responsible thing and make e-signature free and available for all users to reduce the need for in-person contact during this pandemic.  Why hasn't this happened yet?