gabletax's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gabletax's Posts

Maybe it would prevent this happening if you go to the Tools menu, then to Options, then to Electronic Filing, then check the box for 'Only transmit returns when status box is checked for Ready to tr... See more...
Maybe it would prevent this happening if you go to the Tools menu, then to Options, then to Electronic Filing, then check the box for 'Only transmit returns when status box is checked for Ready to transmit to IRS' or something like that. Will add a step to the preparation of each return but if it actually works, that would be worth it.
Maybe try your local stakeholder liaison?
Yes, It's doing the same thing in my office. Scares you half to death the first time it happens. But now I highlight and tell it to update acknowledgment of selected return.
Ohio school district Form SD 100 lines 33-34-35 in ProSeries say "Reserved for future use." However, the official form from the Ohio website shows that they ARE lines in use this year. Wassup, ProSer... See more...
Ohio school district Form SD 100 lines 33-34-35 in ProSeries say "Reserved for future use." However, the official form from the Ohio website shows that they ARE lines in use this year. Wassup, ProSeries? @IntuitGabi 
Soooo . . . this glitch has not been fixed in the 2023 software.
Today is the Saturday, Jan. 27, and it's still showing that the MS S-corp will be available yesterday!
The Ohio Dept. of Taxation agent I spoke with this morning on the phone said they did not get the information. He said on his side it shows the box was not checked.
Yes, here is a snip of pg 1 of the IT-1040. See to the left RIGHT of the Ohio Nonresident Statement box.  
Thanks, Jim! Yes, that box was checked on the Information Worksheet, but still no carryover to the front of the Ohio return. I looked at some others filed with that federal extension box checked on t... See more...
Thanks, Jim! Yes, that box was checked on the Information Worksheet, but still no carryover to the front of the Ohio return. I looked at some others filed with that federal extension box checked on the Info Worksheet, and none of them are carrying over to the front of the return. (You can only see that box on page 1 on a pdf or paper copy.) How about yours? It's directly to the right of the Ohio Nonresident Statement.
@IntuitGabi @IntuitCharlene If anyone knows of any tags to possibly get an Intuit rep's attention, please feel free to add them. @IntuitBettyJo  
In troubleshooting with an Ohio tax agent, we discovered a ProSeries bug. ProSeries is not checking the box on the front page of the Ohio individual return for Federal extension filers. Ohio is like... See more...
In troubleshooting with an Ohio tax agent, we discovered a ProSeries bug. ProSeries is not checking the box on the front page of the Ohio individual return for Federal extension filers. Ohio is like most states in recognizing a properly filed federal extension as also extending the Ohio filing deadline. On the Ohio Information Worksheet, there is a box to check to indicate whether there is a federal extension in place. This should carry over to page 1 of the Ohio return, where there is a corresponding checkbox. (This checkbox on page 1 of Ohio's IT-1040 does not appear in the software. However, it does print on a paper copy of the form.) Due to this bug, my own tax refund and carryover-to-next-year designation was messed up. The agent tells me that if that box is not checked on page 1 of the IT-1040, their system does not recognize any Ohio extension payments as extension payments. It uses the payment, but since it appears to the Ohio Dept. of Taxation that there was not a federal extension, it messes up other things. This needs to be fixed in ProSeries' Ohio individual module for 2024. Posting here because I don't know how else to get ProSeries' attention on bugs that need fixing. Thanks for listening!
Oops, not so fast! Now that I have K-1s printed out, I see it doesn't really work so slick after all. If you elect out of consolidated audit procedures, on the K-1 it prints the first line of the K-3... See more...
Oops, not so fast! Now that I have K-1s printed out, I see it doesn't really work so slick after all. If you elect out of consolidated audit procedures, on the K-1 it prints the first line of the K-3 disclaimer in place of the last line of the consolidated audit disclaimer. The result is a nonsensical piece of text. Can someone tag Intuit on this? Maybe get it fixed by next year?    
I don't know when they did it, but today when I opened ProSeries to do another partnership, there is our checkbox, sitting there just as nice as can be. It's on the Information worksheet in the Partn... See more...
I don't know when they did it, but today when I opened ProSeries to do another partnership, there is our checkbox, sitting there just as nice as can be. It's on the Information worksheet in the Partner Printing Options, last item. Thank you, Intuit! Your thoughtfulness is appreciated! Kelvin
I tried a couple of longer abbreviated versions and finally settled on this: SCH K-3 FURNISHED ON REQUEST
I'm looking for the box to click to add the required notification to all the K-1's stating that a K-3 will not be provided unless requested. Ready to print the first 1065 for the year and remembered ... See more...
I'm looking for the box to click to add the required notification to all the K-1's stating that a K-3 will not be provided unless requested. Ready to print the first 1065 for the year and remembered this requirement. But it seems nowhere to be found. Just a place to compose and enter my own verbiage that would appear on all the K-1's would be better than nothing. Am I missing something or do I need to patient and see if this functionality shows up soon?
Thanks! That worked. You're still an All-Star in my books! Kelvin
Search doesn't seem to pull anything up so I'm hoping someone can help. When trying to install ProSeries 2022, a popup says installation will continue after Quickbooks is closed. But QB isn't running... See more...
Search doesn't seem to pull anything up so I'm hoping someone can help. When trying to install ProSeries 2022, a popup says installation will continue after Quickbooks is closed. But QB isn't running; the computer was restarted and no software has been opened, QB nor anything else. Any ideas what to try? TIA! Kelvin
Everyone that thinks the IRS cross-checking system won't raise a red flag if NEC's plus K's add up to more than gross receipts reported on the tax return, raise your hand, please. I'm with Jim. If i... See more...
Everyone that thinks the IRS cross-checking system won't raise a red flag if NEC's plus K's add up to more than gross receipts reported on the tax return, raise your hand, please. I'm with Jim. If it adds up to more than actual gross receipts, prevent a headache for your client and you, and do the IRS a favor, by somehow reconciling this on the tax return to prevent red flags.
Third time was a charm! Did it help that I attached a pdf of Sch C? I very much doubt it. Must be ProSeries got its act together and fixed its problem.