singh's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

singh's Posts

I think Ironman is SUPER SUPER GENIUS.
Thank you for your help.
Can a single parent claim his son who is 23 years old, lived all of 2023 with him and is not a student? If "yes", can he be Head of Household? 
Thank you for the information. It is of great help.
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.
My client is self-employed. He made W2 for one of his employee. Can I deduct the social security tax (6.2%) and medicare tax(1.45%) he paid for his employee? I guess he can only claim the Estimated t... See more...
My client is self-employed. He made W2 for one of his employee. Can I deduct the social security tax (6.2%) and medicare tax(1.45%) he paid for his employee? I guess he can only claim the Estimated tax he paid.   
My issue is trying to enter the capital improvements. Can I add the capital improvement costs to the Basis?
Thank you so much, dkh. You have solved my problem. Yes, I checked changing the land value does not lower the depreciation. You are one of the best on this site. Thank you.
My client sold his rental duplex on 01/20/2022. Can I add the cost of capital improvement to the Cost/Basis of home purchased? Also when he bought the rental property in 2005 the land value was $50,... See more...
My client sold his rental duplex on 01/20/2022. Can I add the cost of capital improvement to the Cost/Basis of home purchased? Also when he bought the rental property in 2005 the land value was $50,000 and I always subtracted the $50,000 from the purchase price to calculate the depreciation. When he sold this property last year the value of land was $100,000. Can I change the land value to $100,000 so he will have lower depreciation added to his profit? Any input will be appreciated. 
Thank you so much for all your suggestions and help. Since my client says he has no other forms or information I am going to file his return without entering any infor. regarding this RSU. Thank you.
My client received  " Statement of Taxable Income" for 2022 from his employer, TESLA, Inc. The statement shows a list of Transaction Date, Value Date, Value Basis, Sale price, Total value, Adjusted ... See more...
My client received  " Statement of Taxable Income" for 2022 from his employer, TESLA, Inc. The statement shows a list of Transaction Date, Value Date, Value Basis, Sale price, Total value, Adjusted Sale Price and  Total W-2  Income ( $22,705.85) in the last column. My confusion is whether this  Total W-2 Income ( $22,705.85) is already included in his W-2 or do I have to add this income. If I have to add this income where do I enter on Form 1040. Do I have to calculate the gain or loss by considering value basis and sale price? The total value Basis is $3672 and the Sale Price is 1834. Pardon me for this question as I have never handled this situation. Client did not receive any other Forms. Thank you in advance for your input.
Thank you so much, Lisa, i didn't notice the note on the top yellow bar. Yes, it says 02/09/2023. You are the best.
Does anyone know when CA Form 3805P will be available? This Form is about Additional Tax on Qualified Retirement Plan. Thank you in advanvce. Also Thank you for your help with my question on 2 out ... See more...
Does anyone know when CA Form 3805P will be available? This Form is about Additional Tax on Qualified Retirement Plan. Thank you in advanvce. Also Thank you for your help with my question on 2 out of 5 yr Capital gain exclusion.
My client bought a house in January 2015 and immediately gave on rent. The house was on rent from 2015 to end of 2019. The client moved into this house on January 1st 2020. So this house was his prim... See more...
My client bought a house in January 2015 and immediately gave on rent. The house was on rent from 2015 to end of 2019. The client moved into this house on January 1st 2020. So this house was his primary/principal residence from January 2020 to February 2022 when he sold it. The escrow and realtor documents show the house sold as primary/principal residence. I wanted to know if he qualifies 'home sale exclusion' capital gains (exclusion). Does 2 out of 5 year rule apply in this situation. His profit was $169,500. Your help will be appreciated.
Thank you, Just-Lis-Now, for the information. I greatly appreciate it.
FORM 3895. I also have 2 clients who brought FORM 1095-A and they said they did not receive the FTB 3895. Does anyone know if tax payers will receive FTB 3895?  Is there a phone number to call and f... See more...
FORM 3895. I also have 2 clients who brought FORM 1095-A and they said they did not receive the FTB 3895. Does anyone know if tax payers will receive FTB 3895?  Is there a phone number to call and find out? I could not find this form anywhere in the CA RETURN FORMS PAGE. Your help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Jerry, for your valuable infor. and the website which clearly states that the MCTR is NOT taxable. For those who demand our authority to say the MCTR is not taxable must read the article ... See more...
Thank you, Jerry, for your valuable infor. and the website which clearly states that the MCTR is NOT taxable. For those who demand our authority to say the MCTR is not taxable must read the article from ftb you sited in your post. Thank you for your expertise.
Thank you everyone for your valuable opinions, understanding and respectful discussions regarding my question/comments on the 'Middle Class Tax Refund' from CA State 1099 MISC. Hope you all will hav... See more...
Thank you everyone for your valuable opinions, understanding and respectful discussions regarding my question/comments on the 'Middle Class Tax Refund' from CA State 1099 MISC. Hope you all will have fun this tax season.      
There is NO manipulation of any numbers. Its all about what to input and where: 1099 MISC WORKSHEET BOX 3 and answer 'YES' , everything works out well. The software does it all, not me.