alphy's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alphy's Posts

OK I got my own question figured out. You now need to go to the new "School District Residency and Income Smart Worksheet" and manually enter the school district code, beginning and ending residency ... See more...
OK I got my own question figured out. You now need to go to the new "School District Residency and Income Smart Worksheet" and manually enter the school district code, beginning and ending residency dates, and Modified Ohio AGI. Seems to me they could at least have a "Full year residency" checkbox and automatically calculate it as before.
OK I got my own question figured out. You now need to go to the new "School District Residency and Income Smart Worksheet" and manually enter the school district code, beginning and ending residency ... See more...
OK I got my own question figured out. You now need to go to the new "School District Residency and Income Smart Worksheet" and manually enter the school district code, beginning and ending residency dates, and Modified Ohio AGI. Seems to me they could at least have a "Full year residency" checkbox and automatically calculate it as before.
Did you find a solution to the school district information not flowing through? I have the same problem. On the information worksheet, I have the four digit code correctly entered, which is a taxable... See more...
Did you find a solution to the school district information not flowing through? I have the same problem. On the information worksheet, I have the four digit code correctly entered, which is a taxable school district 1503. On form SD 100, the "Activate Form SD 100" box is checked. However, the form is completely blank.
It's not even working this well for me. I have the information worksheet filled out with the school district code, which is a taxable school district. On the form SD 100 the "Activate Form SD 100" bo... See more...
It's not even working this well for me. I have the information worksheet filled out with the school district code, which is a taxable school district. On the form SD 100 the "Activate Form SD 100" box is checked, but the entire form is completely blank. Anyone else have this problem?
First, make sure all income is properly allocated between spouses. Then do a "Save As" , create new file under a different file name, and swap names and personal info on the federal worksheet, and re... See more...
First, make sure all income is properly allocated between spouses. Then do a "Save As" , create new file under a different file name, and swap names and personal info on the federal worksheet, and reallocate income. Then simply choosing MFS as the filing status should include only taxpayer income on each return. You may need to do further tweaking--when I tried this, ProSeries gave errors on the W-2's that were assigned to the spouse, and I needed to remove them. I know this is kind of a clunky way to do it, but I don't know of a better way unless someone else does. Would be nice if you could do it with only one file.
Yes, I see what you're saying. The instructions do not seem to address your particular situation. However, I would tend to think the same applies. Either treat them both the same, or file separately.... See more...
Yes, I see what you're saying. The instructions do not seem to address your particular situation. However, I would tend to think the same applies. Either treat them both the same, or file separately. Assuming the taxpayer has no IL source income, your situation would be fairly straightforward. File one IL return only under the spouse's name. Taxpayer wouldn't even need to file a IL return. If taxpayer has IL source income, then two IL returns would be required. Either scenario would require two separate files in ProSeries. First prepare Federal return like normal, designating income correctly between spouses. Second, "Save As" under a new file name, and simply swap names on the General Information sheet, then choose MFS for IL.
This behavior is not a bug, but is by design because of Illinois rules. Either you treat them both as residents, or you choose MFS. See the following taken from this website: https://www2.illinois.go... See more...
This behavior is not a bug, but is by design because of Illinois rules. Either you treat them both as residents, or you choose MFS. See the following taken from this website: https://www2.illinois.gov/rev/individuals/filingrequirements/Pages/filingstatus.aspx If you file a joint federal return and one spouse is a full-year Illinois resident while the other is a part-year resident or a nonresident (e.g., military personnel), you may choose to file “married filing separately.” Do not recompute any items on your federal return. Instead, you must divide each item of income and deduction shown on your joint federal return between your separate Illinois returns following the Allocation Worksheet in the Form IL-1040 Instructions. If you choose to file a joint Illinois return, you must treat both your spouse and yourself as residents. This election is irrevocable for the tax year. You may be allowed a credit for income tax paid to another state on Schedule CR. For more information, see the Schedule CR Instructions.
Following is a quote from https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing (bold print is mine) WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC r... See more...
Following is a quote from https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing (bold print is mine) WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15.
Assuming your state allows different filing status than federal, you can use the checkbox on the state information worksheet to designate MFS, and use that for the main taxpayer. Then you will need t... See more...
Assuming your state allows different filing status than federal, you can use the checkbox on the state information worksheet to designate MFS, and use that for the main taxpayer. Then you will need to create a separate file for the spouse, entering him/her as the primary taxpayer, and use that file for state purposes only. I've done that for PA. If that doesn't work for your state, another option would be to create 3 separate files--one for Federal, and 2 for states. Beware that some states don't allow for the filing status to be different from the Federal.
You are correct. I'm missing an entry on line 12, which is why my math didn't hold out. However, according to the wording on Line 19 it seems like there might be an occasion where the percentage may ... See more...
You are correct. I'm missing an entry on line 12, which is why my math didn't hold out. However, according to the wording on Line 19 it seems like there might be an occasion where the percentage may be something other than line 16 divided by line 19, although I don't know what that situation might be. Also Tax Help indicates that it should be enterable if not transferred or the year of sale. But for now, my problem is fixed. Thanks!
That's the whole problem. I need to be able to manually enter it without overriding, if this is not the year of sale, so that line 24 calculates correctly. In prior years, Part I didn't need to be fi... See more...
That's the whole problem. I need to be able to manually enter it without overriding, if this is not the year of sale, so that line 24 calculates correctly. In prior years, Part I didn't need to be filled out unless it was the year of sale. Now IRS wants you to fill it out for all years, but line 19 needs the same percentage you used in the year of sale. So if this is not the year of sale, line 19 will not have the correct percentage if automatically calculated. Line 19 should be automatically calculated in the year of sale only. "19  Gross profit percentage (expressed as a decimal amount). Divide line 16 by line 18. (For years after the year of sale, see instructions)"
Can you manually enter a percentage there without overriding?
What you are looking for is the first 3 characters of the Document Number. It is often a combination of numbers and letters. It could be on the front or back, and it may be preceded by IDUSA. This we... See more...
What you are looking for is the first 3 characters of the Document Number. It is often a combination of numbers and letters. It could be on the front or back, and it may be preceded by IDUSA. This website might help you: https://dmv.ny.gov/id-card/sample-photo-documents
On form 6252 Line 19, ProSeries Help says: "From prior year if this sale is from a prior year and you utilized the transfer function from prior years; or calculated as a result of the current year s... See more...
On form 6252 Line 19, ProSeries Help says: "From prior year if this sale is from a prior year and you utilized the transfer function from prior years; or calculated as a result of the current year sale; otherwise enterable." I have neither transferred from prior year, nor is it current year of sale, and Line 19 is still not enterable. If I delete Part I entries, it becomes enterable but per new instructions, Part I needs to be filled out for all years. Any solution for this?
Here's the solution they gave me, and so far it works. On the Admin workstation, go to C:\ProSeries\ProNet17\Updates. Delete all the files below the .htm files. Then go to C:\ProWin17 and open inven... See more...
Here's the solution they gave me, and so far it works. On the Admin workstation, go to C:\ProSeries\ProNet17\Updates. Delete all the files below the .htm files. Then go to C:\ProWin17 and open inventory.dat in notepad. Delete all the lines above "Components" and save the file. Then run ProSeries update and it should work without crashing. I have yet to test the other workstations to see if it works there. Note: these are the instructions for a network install. Procedure will likely be different for a standalone install.
It's February and I have the same problem. There are other December posts with the same problem, but I haven't seen a solution posted. I have a network install, and updater crashes on the Admin works... See more...
It's February and I have the same problem. There are other December posts with the same problem, but I haven't seen a solution posted. I have a network install, and updater crashes on the Admin workstation as well as the other workstations. The original problem was the 1065's and 1120S's not showing up on the workstations. So I tried a clean install on the admin workstation, then I get the update crashing error. If I install just the 1040, it works fine. As soon as I add the 1065, updater crashes. And yes, I've rebooted numerous times in the process. I even tried to clean up the registry of all prior traces of ProSeries 2017, and also tried using another computer as the Admin computer. Same problem. I've been on hold with support for an hour, and have to go soon. IF I ever get a hold of somebody, I'll post an update.