suesue1's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suesue1's Posts

Can't find PA to download
You’re right. Have to download from IRS site, fill out manually and attach to 1040. Thanks
Need to file form #8689 for Virgin Islands income. Can't find the form in Pro-Series.
34 days short of 2 years. Ugh!
They barely missed the 2 years.
Thank you!!
So not considered "postponed"? Won't affect future sale of home where postponed previous gain reduces the basis of home sold? Second home sold doesn't qualify for exclusion because they missed the 5 ... See more...
So not considered "postponed"? Won't affect future sale of home where postponed previous gain reduces the basis of home sold? Second home sold doesn't qualify for exclusion because they missed the 5 year mark by 34 days. They had a previous exclusion of gain on home.a few years ago.
Is exclusion of gain on sale of residence considered "postponed" gain?
Pro-series evidently doesn't have form #3911 to use, right?
My clients received letters they were issued $1400 each (joint return) - however they did not get the $$. Put 0 in the worksheet for the $2800 and worksheet shows they get a credit of only $700 on t... See more...
My clients received letters they were issued $1400 each (joint return) - however they did not get the $$. Put 0 in the worksheet for the $2800 and worksheet shows they get a credit of only $700 on the return. 2020 gross income was under 150,000 but 2021 income 157,000. Is the worksheet using the 2021 income to figure the credit? Seems they should be getting the full $2800 credit. What's up??
What was mislabeled in the 2021 client billing? Mine looks O.K.
How will a client know about the social security deferral that will be due in 2 installments - nothing in the client letter informs them. Can't see any edit that adds that information. 
Can I still use pre-printed envelopes for 1040-ES and 1040-V to San Francisco?
I am not seeing that.
Clergy client has W-2 form all of which is designated housing allowance. Recorded that on W-2 worksheet but it's not adjusted out of total W-2 wages. Amount was listed as wages on W-2 with FICA & M/C... See more...
Clergy client has W-2 form all of which is designated housing allowance. Recorded that on W-2 worksheet but it's not adjusted out of total W-2 wages. Amount was listed as wages on W-2 with FICA & M/C withheld and housing allowance listed on Part II Line D & E. Still shows as taxable wages on the #1040.
Having the exact same issue. Today is February 1st - I'd think it could be transmitted. Tried a dozen times and same thing happens. "Ready to transmit" - doesn't transmit and get last year's informat... See more...
Having the exact same issue. Today is February 1st - I'd think it could be transmitted. Tried a dozen times and same thing happens. "Ready to transmit" - doesn't transmit and get last year's information. Ugh!
Yes - found it in the General Questions, first line. Most clients don't use the organizer anyway.
When you click “import” in 2020 HB after you’ve exported HB 2019 it shows that file.click it and 2019 HB imports. Took many tries but finally worked.
Exporting 2019 HB sends it to a CVS file in MS Excel. To import to 2020 HB click that CVS file and it imports to HB 2020. 
I have added a line in the cover letter for the organizer but few of my clients use the organizer so I guess I'll be stuck making inquiries. Grrrr - what a pain!