chasetax's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chasetax's Posts

@NU i think i found a unique way to check the amount of stimulus for clients--on the 'RRC'  wksht i override line 11 with 2019 AGI and the form calculates payments-most of my clients agree with the p... See more...
@NU i think i found a unique way to check the amount of stimulus for clients--on the 'RRC'  wksht i override line 11 with 2019 AGI and the form calculates payments-most of my clients agree with the pmys it calculates-don't forget to 'cancel override' when done!
@Just Lisa Now can u help with CA?
thought i need a worksheet also--but open 'other income'-scroll down 3/4 down and you will see worksheet-already calculated
no update for proseries yet that i see-i just updated-but looks like lacerte and proconnect have updated--proseries says there should be an update today-maybe tonite?!?
@TaxGuyBill wouldn't the calculation of taxable soc sec be affected by total income?
@IRonMaN I just applied to be a sign spinner with Liberty, hope they hire me before tax season is over!! which probably won't be until july here in maryland. Baltimore County public school system wa... See more...
@IRonMaN I just applied to be a sign spinner with Liberty, hope they hire me before tax season is over!! which probably won't be until july here in maryland. Baltimore County public school system was hacked last year so employees rec'd w-2's two weeks ago and are reporting maryland and pennsylvania wages I am ignoring the PA entries for wages with no PA withholding, in a letter the county said they are including the PA entries for our northern friends--sounds like BS to me!
@abctax55 i don't see how having a box on the 1099-g worksheet ( similar to the PSO subtraction on the pension worksheet) would affect my professional responsibilities
wish I was this smart--I seem to remember on another thread about unemployment someone suggested a box like box 2 repayment for entering the amount to be excluded--this would reduce the 'unearned' in... See more...
wish I was this smart--I seem to remember on another thread about unemployment someone suggested a box like box 2 repayment for entering the amount to be excluded--this would reduce the 'unearned' income at the source and would not require any other fixes--again not my idea-but brilliant
we need to wait on 502LU and keep an eye on Congress-House, Senate as well for federal change to taxability or exclusion of unemployment and also domino effect on maryland UI !!
request pay stub from employer for dates before and around stock sale--most often ISO or NQSO(?)stock purchases are most often included in wages (for basis) and sales results ina small loss due to br... See more...
request pay stub from employer for dates before and around stock sale--most often ISO or NQSO(?)stock purchases are most often included in wages (for basis) and sales results ina small loss due to brokerage commissions
sorry i have one texas return and he lives in texas.  when e-filing you can un-check error checking but you might want to get other feedback from someone else
like I said somewhere else, AGI can affect repayment of the premium tax credit-will need to see what is in the bill before IRS, proseries, or preparers can do anything except tell clients to wait.  E... See more...
like I said somewhere else, AGI can affect repayment of the premium tax credit-will need to see what is in the bill before IRS, proseries, or preparers can do anything except tell clients to wait.  Everybody just slow down and get it right the first time, unless you like filing amended returns and increasing your workload by 33%.  In Maryland our issue appears to be that unemployment (under certain AGI limits) will not be taxable at all let alone $10,200 --is that (10,200) for a taxpayer? (20,400) for a couple, oh hey what about a dependent student--it can't and won't be easy for the programmers or us!  I am making my vacation plans for December since it will probably take that long to sort out.
I don't believe Texas has an income tax--therefore no state id #
Client is in her late thirties with a seventeen year old son.  Son in school has a part time job-no idea about earnings but is smart enough to use an app to file and claim himself and short his mothe... See more...
Client is in her late thirties with a seventeen year old son.  Son in school has a part time job-no idea about earnings but is smart enough to use an app to file and claim himself and short his mother the $500 ACTC.. She told me he is very private and will probably NOT let her see his return. How about an ex-client who has her daughter use an app to file mom's return.  Mom is pestering daughter to file the return while daughter is multi-tasking.  Daughter enters the W-2 not once but twice into the app and Mom now owes about $7,000-wait for it-and they file it anyway.  TT says she can amend return using the app on Friday March 5th.  I tell her we can amend maybe by March 25th--I don't even want to mention a superseded return.  Is it any wonder sometimes I hate children!
I'm a one man shop--at the top of 'client status' form i type in unemp...in home base i can see all tax returns with 'unemp' --just a suggestion for all of your new clients
@ngosyhan  I would not defer the tax-unless they really really don't have the money--first you will have to remember when preparing next years return, that the tax was deferred then explain to them t... See more...
@ngosyhan  I would not defer the tax-unless they really really don't have the money--first you will have to remember when preparing next years return, that the tax was deferred then explain to them that they owe more because of the deferral and lastly what if you forget to add back the deferral and they have to pay a penalty--who do you think they are going to blame!
let me add my 2 cents--I have a number of people with Obamacare, 1095-A, who have to repay the premium tax credit based on income(!!!) including unemployment--this is a mess
mine looks ok ira info worksheet  part iii line 12 and part iv line 18 maybe 'refresh' updates???
sorry was speechless enter on schedule 'a' contributions
8915e is there--under select forms--go to the column that has form 8910 at the top--look down the column and the forms are confusing--you will see form 8915e-t(taxpayer) and 8915e-s(spouse)