chasetax's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chasetax's Posts

How about we filed joint but now we are divorced-will he/she get my money??
That is good to know...but what would you do for the state return?
You also may want to use my favorite form -- Form 8275 Disclosure Statement to report the discrepancy.
Are we shocked that we always find H&R Block literature attached to our clients' W-2's?
also if you look in the column for submission id you will see the submission id for the extension//and if you look in the column for client status you will see it says extension accepted
unfortunately you have to e-file without that dependent.  After about a month then you must amend dependent's return(first) and then amend this return to claim the dependent.  You may be able to amen... See more...
unfortunately you have to e-file without that dependent.  After about a month then you must amend dependent's return(first) and then amend this return to claim the dependent.  You may be able to amend electronically according to posts I have seen here but not until at least August-but I am not a betting man-might be easier tho slower to paper amend.  Amend dependent's return, place in a #10 envelope, label envelope 2019, and write PROCESS FIRST.  Amend this return claiming dependent, put in a separate #10 envelope labeled 2019, and write PROCESS SECOND.  Then place both envelopes in a 9X13 envelope/folder and mail to IRS processing  center.
If you send certified--that is United States Post Office.  If PDS then that is mail delivered by UPS, Fedex, et al.  Certified only shows something was mailed and received but does not necessarily sh... See more...
If you send certified--that is United States Post Office.  If PDS then that is mail delivered by UPS, Fedex, et al.  Certified only shows something was mailed and received but does not necessarily show what was inside envelope that was received.  If they owe, enclosing a check(and having it clear) shows IRS has received the package.
My opinion/practice---mail returns etc to current year addresses.  Returns may get transferred by IRS to old locations, but I don't feel comfortable sending paperwork to a possible non-existent office.
Follow the instructions!  Look at 2018 tax return (line 15).  On Form 2210 worksheet enter this amount as prior year tax.  
I believe contributions are entered on 502SU on line xa or xb.
Patience is key followed by paperwork.  I had husband and wife with withholding from their social security-about $4,000.  They received IRS letter requesting info.  They no longer e-file but snail ma... See more...
Patience is key followed by paperwork.  I had husband and wife with withholding from their social security-about $4,000.  They received IRS letter requesting info.  They no longer e-file but snail mail file to avoid IRS letters.  No, they still want to over-withhold to save up for their property taxes.
I have similar issues but with a difference.  E-filed 11:44 AM - sent to IRS with a submission id. another one sent at 12:30 accepted fed and state.  Another one 5:00 sent to IRS/submission id. Ano... See more...
I have similar issues but with a difference.  E-filed 11:44 AM - sent to IRS with a submission id. another one sent at 12:30 accepted fed and state.  Another one 5:00 sent to IRS/submission id. Another one 5:20 PM sent accepted fed and state.  All on Tues 6-22. Yesterday parents and daughter sent at 5:00 PM. Daughter accepted - parents with submission id Called E-help desk this morning/they unable to take calls
IPP is identity protection pin and is good for one year only.  Your client should have received a new IPP letter in January of 2020 for tax year 2019.
line 16b is on sch e worksheet but as @itonewbie  says the line is for taxes in addition to real estate taxes-maybe front footage assessments(?) in Harford county Maryland
Form 8275-Disclosure statement could also be used to properly notify IRS of your issues.  In the past I used e-filing preparer notes but they were ignored-too many CP2000's had to be answered by me a... See more...
Form 8275-Disclosure statement could also be used to properly notify IRS of your issues.  In the past I used e-filing preparer notes but they were ignored-too many CP2000's had to be answered by me after filing and then copying my preparer notes and mailing to IRS.
2017 state taxes paid in 2019 are entered on line 24 of 2019 tax payments worksheet
can you ask taxpayer to furnish the 5498-SA statement for 2019? it should show total contributions--then subtract code W from total!
in addition -- not 100% sure that 2018 is ready for amended returns just yet--have heard it is not fully functional right now due to the 'extenders legislation'