hananb21's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hananb21's Posts

Understood...
Thanks for that. I think I'll try e-file w/o certificate and see if that works.
Posted this question a few days ago, got no response...  Client died 2019, daughter filing 1040 with Form 1310 to claim refund of $4k plus and direct deposit it to her bank acct. The rules say she ca... See more...
Posted this question a few days ago, got no response...  Client died 2019, daughter filing 1040 with Form 1310 to claim refund of $4k plus and direct deposit it to her bank acct. The rules say she can do this if she submit the death certificate with the return. The question is, how do I upload the death certificate into pro series basic in order to e-file. Or should print and file everything by mail, which would take her forever to get her refund in today's environment. Long but I had to cover all the points. Baldwin   (aka Han)  
Pretty good analysis. I appreciate the time you put into it. Thanks much!
Thats my dilemma, is he actually subject to AMT? Single individual with Income of $75k taking standard deduction. Asset is a heavy duty dump truck. 
This is the 4th year of a 5 year life. previous 3 years went perfectly  with proper accumulated depreciation. Proseries adjusted current year Depreciation $459 for AMT in 2018. This year it made a re... See more...
This is the 4th year of a 5 year life. previous 3 years went perfectly  with proper accumulated depreciation. Proseries adjusted current year Depreciation $459 for AMT in 2018. This year it made a reduction of $1,767 for AMT. Doesn't make sense. Since nothing changed from last 2018.
Client's AGI is the same as 2018 ($73k), filing status changed from HOH to Single but the  AMT adjustment  reduced Depreciation almost 500% what it was in 2018. What would cause this to happen?  
The grand mother had a Deferred Comp plan with her job, which mother and son inherited, and was paid out to them in 2019 by checks.
This is Han, This single mother's son is 21 in 2019. Full time college student, who lives at home, makes about $8k working part-time, that makes him her dependent, she files HOH,  I get that...  The... See more...
This is Han, This single mother's son is 21 in 2019. Full time college student, who lives at home, makes about $8k working part-time, that makes him her dependent, she files HOH,  I get that...  The problem is, both him and his mother inherited $70k each from the boy's grand mother's death in 2019, so I filed him separately because of the high income. I also prepared her as single too, not e-filed yet, but now I'm thinking she really should be HOH. The boy's inheritance not withstanding, which he stashed away in the bank,  she still provides more than half the household's upkeep. Am I correct on that or not?