JasonAtIntuit's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JasonAtIntuit's Posts

Can you check in the properties of your project that the target framework is .NET Framework 4.6 or greater?
I'm not sure why you'd get those errors - can you try a different tax year and see if you get the same thing? You could also try adding these lines above where the ExecuteReader() happens - line 32 ... See more...
I'm not sure why you'd get those errors - can you try a different tax year and see if you get the same thing? You could also try adding these lines above where the ExecuteReader() happens - line 32 for my code - to see if it's able to even get the table names from the database: var schema = connection.GetSchema("tables"); foreach (System.Data.DataRow row in schema.Rows) { Console.WriteLine(row["TABLE_NAME"]); }  Might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Lacerte ODBC driver as well.
This is a small C# console program I wrote which uses the ODBC connection to query the Employer name for every client in a database and print it out. This could be modified to do something else with ... See more...
This is a small C# console program I wrote which uses the ODBC connection to query the Employer name for every client in a database and print it out. This could be modified to do something else with the data. I don't have an example using the .Net library but hopefully this helps show how one could use it. You would probably want to add some error catching with a Try ... Catch at minimum. using System; using System.Collections.Generic; namespace lacerte21sdktest2 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { //define data path containing clients var dataDir = @"C:\Lacerte\22tax\DEMODATA"; // connection string - ReturnType and TaxYear can be omitted if the DataDir contains only one type and year of data, it should figure it out var connectionString = $"Driver=LacerteDSIIDriver; ReturnType=Individual; TaxYear=2022; DataDir={dataDir}"; // create a connection to the database using (var connection = new System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection(connectionString)) { // first query the [DATA1-Client Info] table to get a list of clients by client number - field C1_0 var queryString = "SELECT C1_0 FROM [DATA1-Client Info]"; System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand command = new System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand(queryString); command.Connection = connection; connection.Open(); var clientList = new List(); // execute the query on the connection and loop through the result using (var reader = command.ExecuteReader()) { while (reader.Read()) { // add all of the client numbers to a list for later use - a Try Catch would be good here clientList.Add(reader.GetString(reader.GetOrdinal("C1_0"))); } } // now loop over the list of clients to get the employer name for each - need to check if clientList is empty foreach (var client in clientList) { // client details is in the [Client-Detail] table for each client, where Client is the client number // W2 employer is Series 11, Code 800 and the value is stored in the Description field var clientQueryString = $"SELECT Description FROM [{client}-Detail] WHERE Series=11 AND Code=800"; System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand clientCommand = new System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand(clientQueryString); clientCommand.Connection = connection; // execute the command and open a reader using (var reader = clientCommand.ExecuteReader()) { while (reader.Read()) { // read all of the results and just print the client number along with the employer name. // here is where you could do something else with this result, store it in a variable, etc. Console.WriteLine($"{client} employer: {reader.GetString(reader.GetOrdinal("Description"))}"); } } } } Console.WriteLine("Press any key to exit"); Console.ReadLine(); } } }  This produces this output: 02SAMPLE employer: His Employer 02SAMPLE employer: Her Employer 03SAMPLE employer: His Employer 03SAMPLE employer: Her Employer 05SAMPLE employer: Employer1 06SAMPLE employer: His Employer 06SAMPLE employer: Her Employer 09SAMPLE employer: His Employer 09SAMPLE employer: Her Employer 10SAMPLE employer: Taxpayer New York Employer 10SAMPLE employer: Taxpayer California Employer 10SAMPLE employer: Spouse Both State Employer 11SAMPLE employer: Taxpayer New York Employer 11SAMPLE employer: Taxpayer California Employer 11SAMPLE employer: Spouse Both State Employer 12SAMPLE employer: His Employer 12SAMPLE employer: Her Employer 14SAMPLE employer: Employer Name 16SAMPLE employer: His Employer 16SAMPLE employer: Her Employer 18SAMPLE employer: Employer 21SAMPLE employer: Company Press any key to exit 
Hi, I'm looking into your post, but it seems OK from my view. At the "User Groups" level, it seems like it shows me all the posts in all the subforums, so it might seem like this is in the wrong plac... See more...
Hi, I'm looking into your post, but it seems OK from my view. At the "User Groups" level, it seems like it shows me all the posts in all the subforums, so it might seem like this is in the wrong place, but the Lacerte SDK Group does show only the posts in this group, including this thread. I am seeing some posts that ended up in here last year that appeared to be for general Tax issues though. For example, in this thread, the post shows this navigation at the top: Intuit Accountants Community > User Groups > Lacerte SDK Group > Subforum Levels?      
With the latest SDK, some changes in 21 Lacerte tax have affected certain columns and they have been removed from the SDK access. In particular, the C1_G9 and C1_G10 columns contain some EF status in... See more...
With the latest SDK, some changes in 21 Lacerte tax have affected certain columns and they have been removed from the SDK access. In particular, the C1_G9 and C1_G10 columns contain some EF status info. (see p35 of the SDK Instructions for all removed fields. I'd recommend reading it all over this year as there are some changes highlighted, including new requirements for the connection string, among other things) There are actually 2 new tables that have been around for a few years - EFilings and EFStatuses that contain all of the EF info, but it's a little harder to parse if you just want the most recent Fed EF Status. I took it as a challenge to write it into one SQL query, and here you have it: SELECT ci.C1_0, ci.C1_2, ci.C1_3, ci.C1_4, ci.C1_5, ci.C1_6, b.EFStatus, b.EFStatusDate FROM [DATA1-Client Info] as ci LEFT OUTER JOIN ( SELECT ef.*, efsd.* FROM [EFilings] AS ef LEFT OUTER JOIN ( SELECT efs.* FROM [EFStatuses] AS efs INNER JOIN ( SELECT EFilingId, MAX(EFStatusDate) AS date FROM [EFStatuses] GROUP BY EFilingId ) AS b ON efs.EFilingId = b.EFilingId AND efs.EFStatusDate = b.date ) AS efsd ON (ef.Id = efsd.EFilingId) WHERE (ef.EFID LIKE 'ind.us') ) AS b ON (ci.C1_0 = b.ClientId) ci.C1_? etc are all of the columns you want to include from the DATA1-Client Info database, so adjust as needed. b.EFStatus is the most recent EF Status for an "ind.us" return for that particular client, and b.EFStatusDate is the date that particular status happened. You could probably remove the WHERE (ef.EFID LIKE 'ind.us') if you wanted to show a line for each filing a client has instead of just the federal. Hope this helps someone.
LacerteEncryption@intuit.com
Make sure you put a zero for the amount tag for any codes where you are entering a description. There were a few with empty amount tags, but it should be 0. In the future, do not post examples that... See more...
Make sure you put a zero for the amount tag for any codes where you are entering a description. There were a few with empty amount tags, but it should be 0. In the future, do not post examples that contain any client info.
@support for your example, you need to include "0" for the tags when you are importing client information. See this note on p22 of the documentation: Note: All data values need to be written out ... See more...
@support for your example, you need to include "0" for the tags when you are importing client information. See this note on p22 of the documentation: Note: All data values need to be written out to the <Description> tag. This includes text, dates and numbers. The <Amount> tag will always have a value of 0 for client information and subclient ...
@support I will take a look and let you know. @George4Tacks yes, GL Bridge is still supported. Also @George4Tacks and @abctax55 it's typically used by 3rd party software that creates the file to... See more...
@support I will take a look and let you know. @George4Tacks yes, GL Bridge is still supported. Also @George4Tacks and @abctax55 it's typically used by 3rd party software that creates the file to be imported automatically into Lacerte, but I know of a few people who have written their own programs or scripts to work on data outside of Lacerte and then import it. It allows you to import/modify more than the other import features as you have access to every screen and code using this method.
Hi, You can actually find the Series codes on the input sheets more easily than the input screen. Although there is a way to turn it on in the program which I'll also explain. I've attached the inp... See more...
Hi, You can actually find the Series codes on the input sheets more easily than the input screen. Although there is a way to turn it on in the program which I'll also explain. I've attached the input sheets for the 1040 module to this reply, but you can print out just the ones you need or for other modules following these steps: To print out all of the series and codes used for GL Bridge: Go to Print > Input Sheets Click on the Blank input sheets tab If you want all of the input sheets at once, check the box next to US which should check all the pages for the module (but not state-specific).  Print that (I recommend PDF!)  Check out the bottom left of each page, just outside the border. For example on input sheet 3, you'll see Series: 5100 in the bottom left. (Pages 1 and 2 do not have a Series, as those use special codes you can find in the GL Bridge SDK documentation)  The Tax Codes for a particular Series are the numbers in the 2nd column of the input sheets. (For example, Series 5100, the code for Designee's Name is 61.) The Codes are the same you would use in Batch Mode (Ctrl+W while in detail input) To turn on an in-product display of the series, you need to launch the program with a special command-line parameter. You can either do this by editing the shortcut or by launching it from Start > Run. The parameter is /ShowSeries. For example: C:\lacerte\18tax\w18tax.exe /showseries After launching the program, open any client and go into the detail screen (not 1 or 2) you wish to learn the Series of. Look very closely at the blue bar that divides the top of the detail input area from the grey navigation drop down menus and you'll see small text that says Series=5100.  You can also display the Tax Codes in-product by right-clicking the dark grey bar above that navigation drop down area but below the Clients/Detail/Forms tabs, and choose Show Codes, and the codes will appear in the detail input fields. Alternately, you can input amounts where you want them, then switch to batch mode (Ctrl+W) and you will see the codes and amounts. @George4Tacks is right about technical support though, our phone agents do not have any further information about the GL Bridge function as it typically is used by programmers and software developers, not end-users. I've been the main point of contact for GL Bridge developers for a few years so let me know if you have any other questions.
I don't know of any changes, but a common issue with the connection between QB and Lacerte is that one of the programs is set to run as Administrator while the other is not. They should both be runnin... See more...
I don't know of any changes, but a common issue with the connection between QB and Lacerte is that one of the programs is set to run as Administrator while the other is not. They should both be running as the same level, otherwise they are not able to talk to each other. You can check this by right-clicking on the shortcut for either program and choosing properties, then go to the compatibility tab. Nothing should be checked on that tab, but if you really need to run one of them as Admin, you should run both as Admin for the invoice feature to work.
Hi - the conversion wizard is looking for files named with a .tax2017 extension in the folder. Can you check the names of the files that you have in the folder and make sure they end with .tax2017 and... See more...
Hi - the conversion wizard is looking for files named with a .tax2017 extension in the folder. Can you check the names of the files that you have in the folder and make sure they end with .tax2017 and also that they are not in any subfolders? If you do not see any extensions, you may need to go into your folder options and uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes", or right-click the file and choose properties and the full name should be there.
Hi @IntuitAlicia I answered in the other part of this post, but if unlocking and then doing a "Update Client Database" is not fixing the group select, it's possible that the issue is the database itse... See more...
Hi @IntuitAlicia I answered in the other part of this post, but if unlocking and then doing a "Update Client Database" is not fixing the group select, it's possible that the issue is the database itself and a database repair may be in order. Also just as a sanity check, make sure the form you're looking to filter by is actually showing in bold on the forms tab for those clients. I've found the "forms in use" part of the database can be out-of-sync with a locked client if data is changed in a client and then locked before it's reprocessed.
It seems to relate to when the program records the "forms in use" into the database that is used by the Group Select and Filters. This usually happens when you view forms, print, e-file, or update cli... See more...
It seems to relate to when the program records the "forms in use" into the database that is used by the Group Select and Filters. This usually happens when you view forms, print, e-file, or update client database, but it seems that the calculation that happens during locking doesn't always trigger it. Unlocking and doing an update client database should correct that information, just verify that the form is in bold on the forms tab. Development is looking into something relating to locking returns and it may be related.
Hi, Check out this earlier post which has instructions for finding the database field descriptions: Table of Codes Let me know if that doesn't answer your question!
This tool: QuickBooks TLS 1.2 Readiness Tool has been solving several issues related to this - the error sometimes doesn't seem related to sign-in but the underlying cause is usually a problem wi... See more...
This tool: QuickBooks TLS 1.2 Readiness Tool has been solving several issues related to this - the error sometimes doesn't seem related to sign-in but the underlying cause is usually a problem with the TLS 1.2 connection. Sometimes it shows up as a configuration or resource error, but if the error occurs right after sign-in, this solution is a safe bet.  
A few people have reported issues with the login screen when accessing the ODBC driver with an error like: Authorization Error Sign In Completion failed. The underlying connection was closed: An ... See more...
A few people have reported issues with the login screen when accessing the ODBC driver with an error like: Authorization Error Sign In Completion failed. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occured on a send.  or  Unable to validate your online credentials. Please try again later.   I'm currently troubleshooting the issue but it seems related to an issue I heard yesterday where people who were on older versions of Lacerte 2016 and 2017 were seeing the same error logging in to Lacerte. If you're getting the error in the ODBC driver, make sure you can login to Lacerte in whichever year you are trying to access, and run an update. Also, the key update for this issue had to do with enabling TLS1.2 as our login endpoints were deprecating the older TLS versions, so be sure that your Internet Options in IE have a checkmark for TLS1.2, on the Advanced tab. I'll update this thread with more information as it is available.
Here's how you can access the field definitions: Open your 18tax folder and find the 3-letter module folder for the tax type you're interested in, for example C:\Lacerte\18tax\IND: IND = Indiv... See more...
Here's how you can access the field definitions: Open your 18tax folder and find the 3-letter module folder for the tax type you're interested in, for example C:\Lacerte\18tax\IND: IND = Individual COR = Corporate PAR = Partnership etc Find the usdbdef.?18 file where ? represents the module (I = Ind, C = Corp, etc) Make a copy of the file somewhere and either just open it in a text editor, or what I like to do is rename it to .xls and open it in Excel The columns are as follows: Table number Field number Description Short Desc Field Type (Number, Date, Character) Field Length 16. Toggle Type The first 2 columns put together form the field name in the database, where negative field numbers represent the "G" columns - here's some examples: 1, -12 is C1_G12 1, 0 is C1_0 2, 3 is C2_3 There's some information in the GL Bridge SDK as well (starting on p26 for the toggle codes, and p31 for the field descriptions). For example if you look at the usdbdef.i18 file at line 488 it looks like: 1 87 Dependent Status Dep. Status N 1 ... 58 This is C1_87 and matches what you see on p32 of the GL Bridge SDK indicating a toggle of 58. P31 of the GL Bridge SDK shows the toggle 58 means this: 58 1=Not Applicable 2=Taxpayer Could Be a Dependent 3=Taxpayer Claimed as a Dependent It's important to make a copy of the usdbdef file just in case you accidentally change something and overwrite it - the program uses this file internally.