Michael-G--Ellis-CPA's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michael-G--Ellis-CPA's Posts

The program keeps locking up once I go in and try to do a few things. I thought it was isolated and I called for support which was resolved with a band aid by going into batch input and I did what i ... See more...
The program keeps locking up once I go in and try to do a few things. I thought it was isolated and I called for support which was resolved with a band aid by going into batch input and I did what i needed to do in a certain return issue but the real issue with the program wasn't. I'm now seeing it systemically. The hold times are super long. Anybody with this issue?
I have tuition for a foreign university that’s on the list of accepted institutions for the credit. There’s no US Tin? Will I be able to still efile it? Thanks. 
Thanks for the reply. I was at odds with a client and his tax attorney about this and they had disagreed with my position which was as yours. I showed them the code section and IRS rulings and they f... See more...
Thanks for the reply. I was at odds with a client and his tax attorney about this and they had disagreed with my position which was as yours. I showed them the code section and IRS rulings and they finally agreed last week. 
Thanks for the reply. I don't understand the response. 2015 is already filed, but if I was only filing 2015  now with tax due and then had a 2018 carry back, this would be a better result vs. already... See more...
Thanks for the reply. I don't understand the response. 2015 is already filed, but if I was only filing 2015  now with tax due and then had a 2018 carry back, this would be a better result vs. already having filed it. I researched it since and I'm not seeing a difference in outcomes. 
Message Deleted!
I have an individual loss carry back from 2018 back to a 2015 under the new law. 2015 has sizable tax interest and penalty due. Will the interest and penalty also be reduced besides the tax from the ... See more...
I have an individual loss carry back from 2018 back to a 2015 under the new law. 2015 has sizable tax interest and penalty due. Will the interest and penalty also be reduced besides the tax from the carryback? Thanks for any response. 
I solved it. This was a transfer to new computer. I did 2018 over again and installed it. Did the pro-forma of all clients to 2019. Then installed 2019 and launched and all of the clients populated i... See more...
I solved it. This was a transfer to new computer. I did 2018 over again and installed it. Did the pro-forma of all clients to 2019. Then installed 2019 and launched and all of the clients populated in all of the modules. 
Thanks for the follow-up and instructions. Nothing found on that search. When I pro-forma from 2018 it asks if I want to overwrite 2019 client files. Somehow something is there. I see they start supp... See more...
Thanks for the follow-up and instructions. Nothing found on that search. When I pro-forma from 2018 it asks if I want to overwrite 2019 client files. Somehow something is there. I see they start support on Sundays today. Probably be swamped.
How and where?
Unfortunately NG. I'm looking in Idata/detail and it's blank also, no files at all. 
Thanks but it didn’t work. The update client database is grayed out. The data path is the same.  When I pro-forma again it asks to overwrite as they’re there. I’m lost and can’t do any work now. 
Ran Pro-Forma all returns 2018-2019 and saw no errors but none of the clients are in 2019 in any of the programs. 
Thanks. I wouldn’t have to go to the Lacerte web site and start installing the programs this method would do it.
Good Afternoon: I wanted to double check that this will work to transfer the lacerte files from win 7 machine to new Win 10 machine. Transferring Lacerte Files From One Computer to Another (Standalon... See more...
Good Afternoon: I wanted to double check that this will work to transfer the lacerte files from win 7 machine to new Win 10 machine. Transferring Lacerte Files From One Computer to Another (Standalone Install) Part 1 - Copy Lacerte Directory Copy the entire C:\Lacerte folder on the root of the local drive from the source computer to the same root of the C: drive on the target computer.  Copying the entire C:\Lacerte folder includes the data, settings, and most the program files. This may be done by using a crossover cable or an external USB drive.  Please consult your system administrator for further recommendations. Part 2 - Install the Program Tax Years 2007-Current: Click the Start menu then Computer. Windows 10 computers: open File Explorer from the taskbar and select This PC in the left pane. Open the Local Disk (C:) Open the Lacerte folder Then open the ??Tax (?? = two digit tax year), example -16Tax Then open the Setup?? folder. (?? = two digit tax year) Double-click the TaxSetup.exe file to initiate the installation. Follow the screen prompts to complete the installation. After the installation is complete, launch the program from the new icon on the Desktop.
I guess I’ll call support the penalties are too onerous if it backfires. Thanks for all replies here.
It seems that a 2019 extension can be filed as a short year not a return.
Can I use the 2018 partnership program to e-file a short year 2019 extension that went final in 8/19?. I have the form looking right with date changes, final and short year, etc. 
How do I remove Do Not Mail from showing up on Returns that I'm emailing to clients as File (PDF) selected. Partnership Returns specifically.
There was a foreign region  with a lowercase "I" that seemed to be misformatted and it was in 3 places as there were 3 foreign rentals and I initially only changed one of them and then went back and c... See more...
There was a foreign region  with a lowercase "I" that seemed to be misformatted and it was in 3 places as there were 3 foreign rentals and I initially only changed one of them and then went back and caught all 3 and it worked.
Thanks and sorry I had posted above that I solved it. Can posts be deleted if you found the solution yourself, etc.