The-Tax-Lady's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The-Tax-Lady's Posts

The EF Center "Amended" I referred to is listed in the EF Status column, I believe. You could uncheck the E-file boxes on the Federal worksheet, open the state return, go back to the Federal and cl... See more...
The EF Center "Amended" I referred to is listed in the EF Status column, I believe. You could uncheck the E-file boxes on the Federal worksheet, open the state return, go back to the Federal and close it. It should remove that file from the EF Center and eliminate the duplicate SSN.
Are you selecting the file that has Amended on the line in the EFCenter?
Did you delete it from the forms in use list, right click, delete form. You can also do a review and it will ask if the W2 should be deleted, but be careful, the w2 to be deleted is not always the on... See more...
Did you delete it from the forms in use list, right click, delete form. You can also do a review and it will ask if the W2 should be deleted, but be careful, the w2 to be deleted is not always the one on the screen.
The 6419 Letter on the Total 2021 Advanced Child Tax Credit payments is a real nightmare of incorrect amounts paid. I've gotten 2021 Account Transcripts that agree with what the taxpayer is saying an... See more...
The 6419 Letter on the Total 2021 Advanced Child Tax Credit payments is a real nightmare of incorrect amounts paid. I've gotten 2021 Account Transcripts that agree with what the taxpayer is saying and not the amount on the 6419.   
There is no first time homebuyers credit in 2021. It ended in 2010. If you want to repay it the form is 5405
Thank you for the information and for saving me that research on 4/16.😊
Grandmother is in nursing home and Ohio Medicaid was paid the gross distribution of the 33,000 on the 1099R, by the granddaughter in 2021. The entire $33,000 is considered a medical expense, I thin... See more...
Grandmother is in nursing home and Ohio Medicaid was paid the gross distribution of the 33,000 on the 1099R, by the granddaughter in 2021. The entire $33,000 is considered a medical expense, I think. Is there any reason it would not be considered a medical expense for the grandmother on her 2021 return?  
You could file it as non resident and put whatever amount is taxable on the first line into the box that asks "What income was earned while you were not a resident of the School District" on line 22,... See more...
You could file it as non resident and put whatever amount is taxable on the first line into the box that asks "What income was earned while you were not a resident of the School District" on line 22, that will zero out the return if you can't delete it. If it's an Earned Income SD put a zero for income on line 24.
Same advice, get an 8821 signed by your client and find out what really is taking place.  If the ex did file with the dependent child, you will have to paper file your client's return with the docu... See more...
Same advice, get an 8821 signed by your client and find out what really is taking place.  If the ex did file with the dependent child, you will have to paper file your client's return with the documentation that proves he is the custodial parent. IRS rules generally change at the direction of Congress, the people that work at the IRS aren't anymore thrilled about the constant changes than you or I. 
I wasn't aware of a "Temporary ITIN", I think you mean, being available.
ProSeries Professional will give you unlimited returns at a fixed cost and Intuit is more than happy to collect your payment before the tax season begins. Go to your Intuit account to see the optio... See more...
ProSeries Professional will give you unlimited returns at a fixed cost and Intuit is more than happy to collect your payment before the tax season begins. Go to your Intuit account to see the options or call the Sales Dept. and they are very helpful.
Do you mean the Required Minimum Distribution that a taxpayer must take when they reach age 72? "The 1099R's were coded 7", do you mean the ones from 2014? Code 7 is a normal distribution. Being ... See more...
Do you mean the Required Minimum Distribution that a taxpayer must take when they reach age 72? "The 1099R's were coded 7", do you mean the ones from 2014? Code 7 is a normal distribution. Being "retired" has nothing to do with the requirement for the RMD. It is age based.
There is a difference between an occasional distribution requested by a taxpayer from their retirement account and a Normal distribution received on a scheduled basis when the taxpayer retires.
The Standard Deduction remains the same for everyone. The Exemption amount, which was eliminated in 2018, is where any change would occur for a dependent claimed on another return.
The employee has to specify the FSA$$ is for Dependent Care and the amount. If they just did an FSA without any specified amounts for Dependent care then there will be no amount in box 10. How were... See more...
The employee has to specify the FSA$$ is for Dependent Care and the amount. If they just did an FSA without any specified amounts for Dependent care then there will be no amount in box 10. How were the dependent care expenses paid?
Enter the State on the Federal Info worksheet. It should prompt you to download the State if you haven't already. Make sure you prepare the state the taxpayer is not a resident of first, so the credi... See more...
Enter the State on the Federal Info worksheet. It should prompt you to download the State if you haven't already. Make sure you prepare the state the taxpayer is not a resident of first, so the credits, if any, will flow to the Resident State tax return.
If your client has any assets in a foreign bank, retirement plan, etc. or any income from a foreign country, they may be required to file a 8938 with their 1040 and an FBAR (114), e-filed separately ... See more...
If your client has any assets in a foreign bank, retirement plan, etc. or any income from a foreign country, they may be required to file a 8938 with their 1040 and an FBAR (114), e-filed separately on the FBAR e-file site.