The-Tax-Lady's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The-Tax-Lady's Posts

I'm out. Opened 10 years ago as a retirement gig but 2019 and 2020 have really taken all the fun out of it. A client that has been with me since day one asked for his documents back because I was n... See more...
I'm out. Opened 10 years ago as a retirement gig but 2019 and 2020 have really taken all the fun out of it. A client that has been with me since day one asked for his documents back because I was not getting his complex return done fast enough. He got them back and a "good bye" from me. 2021 looks like tornado headed straight towards us so I'm taking shelter in actual retirement. 😏
Yes it's taxable for the IRS, Your state I don't know about. You need to pull up Form 8915 if you want to defer the taxes over 3 years. Was there Federal withholding on the 1099Rs?
Waiting for the software to update.
Have your client sign an 8821. Call the Practioner Priority line 866-860-4259, fax them the 8821 and ask them to review it.
You will have to wait till Intuit releases it in an update.
The 3rd party bank takes their fees and whatever is left should come to you. Then you have to get the balance due to you from the client.  
I've had the same message on a few returns today after they have been accepted and I go back to print the Client copy. Nothing changed on the actual 1040 so i just thought it must be a glitch after t... See more...
I've had the same message on a few returns today after they have been accepted and I go back to print the Client copy. Nothing changed on the actual 1040 so i just thought it must be a glitch after today's update. Whenever Intuit fixes one thing it usually breaks another thing, in my experience.
Your client will receive a letter from the Treasury Offset Program explaining why the refund was offset.
Not yet. Does the IRS "Refund Status" website have an explanation for the offset, provided it's working.
To my knowledge, the Date Sold has never been "various" only the Date Purchased.
Make sure you have the State box checked when you are looking at the print selections
The response is here on the forum. The e-mail just alerts you to a response so you look here.
Yes, make a copy and use that for your notes.
Complete the Rebate Recovery worksheet first, that helps. It's been that way since the beginning of the season. I override the credits and use the numbers from the 1040. It's a valuable tool I use ... See more...
Complete the Rebate Recovery worksheet first, that helps. It's been that way since the beginning of the season. I override the credits and use the numbers from the 1040. It's a valuable tool I use all the time and like many other things this year, it just doesn't work and Intuit does not seem to be concerned.
Sounds like the School District is an "Earned Income" taxing district, in which case it does not use the Ohio taxable income to compute the School District tax. It taxes all earned income with no ded... See more...
Sounds like the School District is an "Earned Income" taxing district, in which case it does not use the Ohio taxable income to compute the School District tax. It taxes all earned income with no deduction for retirement contributions so box 5 would be the correct number for income. Look on the SD 100 and see if it is a Traditional or Earned income that is being filed. 
All income is supposed to be reported, even if no form is issued. That particular industry is very poor at reporting income properly and at times leads the donor to believe it is a charitable donatio... See more...
All income is supposed to be reported, even if no form is issued. That particular industry is very poor at reporting income properly and at times leads the donor to believe it is a charitable donation and monies received are tax exempt.
Go to Print Options under File in toolbar and choose which forms to print otherwise you get em all.
Does it have an equal amount for Roth contributions in box 5
If all the children are dependents on the return, not just EIC, there is no need to put anyone in the fields next to the HOH status. Delete anyone you have in there and it will clear the error.
It has crashed sporadically all season and they all seem to be due to a print command. I just reopen it and move on. So far no loss of data.  Trying to find a solution may be a futile effort on our... See more...
It has crashed sporadically all season and they all seem to be due to a print command. I just reopen it and move on. So far no loss of data.  Trying to find a solution may be a futile effort on our end.