RF's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF's Posts

We tested Lacerte hosting from August to November and ultimately decided to use a Citrix-based hosting platform different from Rightworks.  The onboarding was hairy (with the Citrix firm we are with ... See more...
We tested Lacerte hosting from August to November and ultimately decided to use a Citrix-based hosting platform different from Rightworks.  The onboarding was hairy (with the Citrix firm we are with now) so I would say that it seems to late to host for this coming season but I would be happy to provide you more details if you want to connect. Why we ultimately decided against hosted Lacerte (through Rightworks) was the speed lag even on very highspeed connections and the inability of the platform to allocate more resources to our user group (because of how the servers are set up).  The support experience was up and down as well but that seems to be the norm everywhere quite honestly.
Great info.  Thank you for sharing.  I actually just finalized the onboarding process for our firm today with 2018 - 2022 Lacerte, testing to make sure printing worked and all data matched up, etc.  ... See more...
Great info.  Thank you for sharing.  I actually just finalized the onboarding process for our firm today with 2018 - 2022 Lacerte, testing to make sure printing worked and all data matched up, etc.  (I will be working through getting my team members set up on the Right Networks RDP early next week.)  We are committed to fully diving into this platform now to make sure we are in good shape to continue with it before the busy season starts again.
Great info.  Thank you for taking the time to reply.  We were considering this if it could entirely replace our current cloud server but this doesn't seem life a safe assumption either.
Great feedback.  Thank you.  Searching the community posts hasn't provided much which is why I threw the question out in general.
Curious if you are still using hosting for Lacerte?  We are considering the platform and looking for honest feedback from users.  Our Intuit sales person would not connect us to current users which f... See more...
Curious if you are still using hosting for Lacerte?  We are considering the platform and looking for honest feedback from users.  Our Intuit sales person would not connect us to current users which feels like a red flag so I'm reaching out to the community here.
Curious if you are still using hosting for Lacerte?  We are considering the platform and looking for honest feedback from users.  Our Intuit sales person would not connect us to current users which f... See more...
Curious if you are still using hosting for Lacerte?  We are considering the platform and looking for honest feedback from users.  Our Intuit sales person would not connect us to current users which feels like a red flag so I'm reaching out to the community here.
We are considering the hosting (after having used our own cloud server for the past two years) but your comments offer a dire warning obviously.  Has this issue been resolved, gotten better, etc. or ... See more...
We are considering the hosting (after having used our own cloud server for the past two years) but your comments offer a dire warning obviously.  Has this issue been resolved, gotten better, etc. or have you abandoned the hosting environment?
Looking for anyone willing to share your experiences regarding the official Lacerte hosting environment.  We are considering it but getting references from current users has been left up to us which ... See more...
Looking for anyone willing to share your experiences regarding the official Lacerte hosting environment.  We are considering it but getting references from current users has been left up to us which feels like a red flag.  Feel free to [email removed, please use the Private message feature in the right hand corner] (if you don't want to post publicly)   For background, we have been Lacerte users for the entirety of our firm's history (22 years) and took over the user account from our predecessor firm that had been users back into the DOS days.  (We are a team of 3 users year round with 5 users during the season and prepare ~ 900 returns annually.) For the last two years we have utilized a cloud server through our IT vendor which has been about 90% good.  We are considering jumping on the Intuit bandwagon for hosting (like everything else) but don't want to go from the frying pan to the fryer.  Support is a big deal so moving to a huge providers begs the question about how is support and is it often needed?
Would you be willing to share your experiences regarding the hosting environment.  We are considering it but getting references from current users has been left up to us which feels like a red flag. ... See more...
Would you be willing to share your experiences regarding the hosting environment.  We are considering it but getting references from current users has been left up to us which feels like a red flag.  Feel free to [email removed, please use the Private message feature in the right hand corner]. For background, we have been Lacerte users for the entirety of our firm's history (22 years) and took over the user account from our predecessor firm that had been users back into the DOS days.  (We are a team of 3 users year round with 5 users during the season and prepare ~ 900 returns annually.)
Thank you.  That is exactly what I was trying to find.  My search abilities are clearly impaired...
Do we have any idea on when 2018 Lacerte will be updated to allow the election for Kiddie Tax to be calculated based on parent income, as now allowed by SECURE Act changes?  The 2019 program has a ch... See more...
Do we have any idea on when 2018 Lacerte will be updated to allow the election for Kiddie Tax to be calculated based on parent income, as now allowed by SECURE Act changes?  The 2019 program has a check box to "calculate tax using using parent's rate" but after loading an update to 2018, this is not yet an option.