Bert's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bert's Posts

Hello When you log  into windows are you logging in as a User or a Admin? Also if you right click on the ProSeries Icon and select "Run as Admin" does ProSeries open?  
Based on this message Sign in Completion failed. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The s... See more...
Based on this message Sign in Completion failed. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Http, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file spedified.   I am thinking you could have a .net issue and might want to try and repair it. 
Would like to be able to Select "Self Prepared" or "Non Paid Preparer" and have his firm information print on the letters.
What Year ProSeries? Does one show something like C:\prowin21\21data\filename1.21I and the other one shows E:\prowin21\21data\filename1.21I ?    
I think you might have a registry issue. Something is causing the installer look at that location for the install package and it not there.  A registry key is the only thing I can think of that would... See more...
I think you might have a registry issue. Something is causing the installer look at that location for the install package and it not there.  A registry key is the only thing I can think of that would cause something like that.
No you will not.  My first question is have you updated ProSeries? if not please update ProSeries. one of 2 things should happen: ProSeries should fix update the HomeBase. ProSeries will attempt... See more...
No you will not.  My first question is have you updated ProSeries? if not please update ProSeries. one of 2 things should happen: ProSeries should fix update the HomeBase. ProSeries will attempt to update HomeBase and come back with nothing fixed.  There was an update earlier in the week that should have resolved issue 2. that is why I asked you to update.
No you shouldn't be concerned.  if you felt there was anything wrong you can always run Database Maintenance at any time which would detect the same thing.
Yesterday ProSeries released and update that checks for a miss match between Data file and Cache files on startup.   Then displays the dialog box that you are seeing.  There can be times when you hav... See more...
Yesterday ProSeries released and update that checks for a miss match between Data file and Cache files on startup.   Then displays the dialog box that you are seeing.  There can be times when you have more cache files then Data files.  If you see this dialog every time you open ProSeries select "Yes" the first time.  if it does not fix anything. The next time you open select "No, do not show this again"  
Do any of you see .tmp file in you data folder? Are both the Data file and the .cache still in the data folder?
The tool to fix existing files is located in ProSeries Tools Hub. If you have already installed Tools Hub you will be prompted to update it.  If you have not already installed it. You can install it... See more...
The tool to fix existing files is located in ProSeries Tools Hub. If you have already installed Tools Hub you will be prompted to update it.  If you have not already installed it. You can install it from here. ProSeries Tool Hub: Helping you fix common problem... - Intuit Accountants Community
The tool to fix them should be Monday.
ProSeries released an update 3/25/21 that should stop the "Unable to Read Data Error code 3" A Tool is coming to fix those client files already effected.  
There should be: fdiLtr.ltr  the icon looks like bank windows file fdiLtr.rtf  are the rich text format fdiLtr.data stores the list of all your letters fdildi.ini  is the configuration file   ... See more...
There should be: fdiLtr.ltr  the icon looks like bank windows file fdiLtr.rtf  are the rich text format fdiLtr.data stores the list of all your letters fdildi.ini  is the configuration file    CPC are corporate SPS S corp PTP Partnerships Hope this helps.
The letter files are located in ProWinXX\Common for a Standalone install and are: FdiLtr.ltr FdiLtr.rtf Those are the 1040 letters.
Try this Open Windows "File Explorer" Select the "View" menu option. Check the box "Hidden Items." Next on the root of C:\ , select and open the "ProgramData" folder Select the "Intuit" folder ... See more...
Try this Open Windows "File Explorer" Select the "View" menu option. Check the box "Hidden Items." Next on the root of C:\ , select and open the "ProgramData" folder Select the "Intuit" folder Select the "ProSeries" folder I believe.  Select the "Entitlement" folder Select the "V8" folder. Cut out the file "Entitlmentdatastore.ecml" and paste it on your desktop. Open and License ProSeries. Your also going to need to license any other years of ProSeries you have installed.
What happens if you run Homebase > Client Maintenance on the workstation does it sync them back up? or select HomeBase > F5 to refresh the HomeBase?  
What does the Electronic Filing transmission log say? Select the Information menu. Select Logs sub menu. Select Electronic Filing Transmission log. What does that show?  
I was able to import a views.csv into 2020 ProSeries. In 2020 ProSeries select HomeBase menu. Then Select Add/Edit Custom view.  When your in the custom view wizard there should be an import butt... See more...
I was able to import a views.csv into 2020 ProSeries. In 2020 ProSeries select HomeBase menu. Then Select Add/Edit Custom view.  When your in the custom view wizard there should be an import button. When you select the import button you can browse to the prowin19\common folder and select the views.csv file.
I Could see it working in 2019 and back ProSeries, but because of the new HomeBase I would need to look into it at work tomorrow.
ProSeries 2020 is using a new HomeBase technology. This made HomeBase Tune-up obsolete.