Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.

John Dukes's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

John Dukes's Posts

So I suppose they see no need to update the program?
Is there a way to trick Tax Planner into accepting a greater-than-60% of AGI charitable deduction for 2020?
Apparently we do have to wait until filing the 2020 return for some reason.  Used to have to make the election by the due date.  Thanks.
I'm trying to make the simple election to forgo the carryback of a small 2019 NOL.  It will not print unless you check off which Sec 965 years to exclude, and then specify "none."  It's not supposed ... See more...
I'm trying to make the simple election to forgo the carryback of a small 2019 NOL.  It will not print unless you check off which Sec 965 years to exclude, and then specify "none."  It's not supposed to be that way as far as I can tell.  Any ideas?
Yes, it works on all my other clients, but not on this particular client for some reason.
The married filing joint-separate worksheet is not being produced with the return even though both boxes are checked off in Client Info. If I don't check off "Live with Spouse?" I get a diagnostic, b... See more...
The married filing joint-separate worksheet is not being produced with the return even though both boxes are checked off in Client Info. If I don't check off "Live with Spouse?" I get a diagnostic, but otherwise, nothing. Why?
No dice.
No change.  Even rebooted my computer and it still opens to Fiduciary.
I know how to switch to Individual, but if I close the program and reopen, it opens back to Fiduciary, apparently as a default.
Apparently I've somehow changed my opening screen to Fiduciary rather than Individual.  Any idea how to change back?
Sorry - I searched and couldn't find anything on it.
When will we see changes in the client letter, auto withdrawal dates, due dates, etc. to reflect 7/15?    
You can change the due date for client letter purposes in the 5.1 input section.  However, if you e-file the return now, it will still do the automatic withdrawal on April 15 regardless of what the l... See more...
You can change the due date for client letter purposes in the 5.1 input section.  However, if you e-file the return now, it will still do the automatic withdrawal on April 15 regardless of what the letter says unless the program is updated.  Probably would be safest to just avoid doing automatic withdrawals because they are going to get us in trouble - guaranteed. It is my understanding from talking with support that they are working with IRS to get that changed.  Don't know why IRS has to get involved.  Maybe they will eventually let us change the payment date on a return already e-filed. I think it's perfectly reasonable to manually change every dadgum letter.  😁
Will Lacerte update the filing/payment dates in the software?  Will they notify us as to whether we need to continue scratching out the dates on the client letter?
Actually the details are entered under item 57 State - Other: Georgia Withholding. Thanks! 
How do you enter GA G2-A withholding form for an individual in Lacerte?
This solution has not totally solved our problem.  It still prints the return to a separate PDF, and then we have to print the PDF file rather than go straight to the printer.
I will try this when the next workstation has a problem, but it worked for me to uninstall DMS, reinstall, and then update on 2 workstations.  Thanks.
Why do we get a critical diagnostic now if telephone number isn't provided?  Is IRS really going to contact the payer if they have a question?
It seems that I can sometimes print a submitted E-organizer to DMS PDF printer, sometimes to a "real" printer, but usually not at all.  Anyone else have this problem?