Tara's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tara's Posts

And let the beneficiary know they need to update the account titling. That should have been done at the time of death. That account shouldn't be titled to a dead person. This is sometimes easier said... See more...
And let the beneficiary know they need to update the account titling. That should have been done at the time of death. That account shouldn't be titled to a dead person. This is sometimes easier said that done.
I see you tried to add a password. What do you mean by "I didn't have much luck?" Know that depending on the roles assigned, people can bypass the password. For example, I put a password on a return... See more...
I see you tried to add a password. What do you mean by "I didn't have much luck?" Know that depending on the roles assigned, people can bypass the password. For example, I put a password on a return, and because I'm an admin, I don't have to enter the password. However, the return is still restricted for everyone else who doesn't have admin access.  Does that help?
Yes, you can lock/password-protect a particular return. Open the return. Click on "Tools" in the menu across the top. In the drop-down menu, there's an "Add/Change Client Password" choice.
When entering Accrued Market Discount on Form 1099-B in proseries, you enter the amount and give the adj code D. You then enter then amount on Capital g/l adj, at the bottom which then goes to Sched ... See more...
When entering Accrued Market Discount on Form 1099-B in proseries, you enter the amount and give the adj code D. You then enter then amount on Capital g/l adj, at the bottom which then goes to Sched B appropriately. My question is, if that accrued market discount is US interest, I want it deducted on the state return. But Proseries doesn't have a way of knowing it's US ADM.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks!
Good questions. Yes, they have acrobat installed on the server and the workstation. They do not have "print options" available to click. It's grayed out. I think that's the problem. I wonder if there... See more...
Good questions. Yes, they have acrobat installed on the server and the workstation. They do not have "print options" available to click. It's grayed out. I think that's the problem. I wonder if there are privileges they don't have? I use roles. But why wouldn't they be able to print to pdfs? or change their print choices? 
I have a network proseries. I work on a workstation and can print to pdfs but several of my employees don't have the option of printing to a pdf. When they click print, the print window that appears ... See more...
I have a network proseries. I work on a workstation and can print to pdfs but several of my employees don't have the option of printing to a pdf. When they click print, the print window that appears doesn't have the pdf choice dark and they cannot check the pdf box.  Anyone know why that would be? and is there a way to fix it? Thanks! Tara
I use Access Rights and I have passwords on some clients' returns. I'm not asked for the passwords when opening those clients. Is that because I have Admin access? Would someone with lower Access Rig... See more...
I use Access Rights and I have passwords on some clients' returns. I'm not asked for the passwords when opening those clients. Is that because I have Admin access? Would someone with lower Access Rights be asked for the password? 
Thank you! That's what I was looking for.
No, I mean how do you enter a 1099-NEC to send to someone. Not what to do with one you receive. I know how to enter one that is received. I have a client that needs to send 1099-NECs to their NECs a... See more...
No, I mean how do you enter a 1099-NEC to send to someone. Not what to do with one you receive. I know how to enter one that is received. I have a client that needs to send 1099-NECs to their NECs and I can’t forget and find the 1099-NEC for to fill out and file for them. 
I need to file a couple of 1099-NECs for a client. Where is the form to fill in and file for them? This is FILING 1099-NECs NOT receiving a 1099-NEC for an individual’s income.
I want to add total social security for my clients (taxpayer and spouse, if there is a spouse.) But I can't see that as an available column in the Dashboard available columns to view.  Am I missing ... See more...
I want to add total social security for my clients (taxpayer and spouse, if there is a spouse.) But I can't see that as an available column in the Dashboard available columns to view.  Am I missing it in the list or is it not available? If it's not available is there a way to add it? Thanks!
I have a K-1 that has box 20AG that has an amount for "gross receipts for section 59A(e)". I looked up on the IRS website and have a general idea of what this is but is there any reporting that needs... See more...
I have a K-1 that has box 20AG that has an amount for "gross receipts for section 59A(e)". I looked up on the IRS website and have a general idea of what this is but is there any reporting that needs to be done on their tax return? It looks like Proseries doesn't do anything with it, so I'd have to enter it in the appropriate place myself. Thanks! Tara
I finally got this fixed after about 3 hours on the phone with customer service! It turned out I had a "damaged form set". The fix was to uninstall the 1041 and reinstall it. Everything is working pe... See more...
I finally got this fixed after about 3 hours on the phone with customer service! It turned out I had a "damaged form set". The fix was to uninstall the 1041 and reinstall it. Everything is working perfectly now! I hope y'all figured out how to getting it working in less time than it took me.
So sorry! I had been told that it was TurboTax thru H&R Block. I just googled and I guess that was a misrepresentation. Inappropriate if it HAD been TurboTax but completely appropriate now that I see... See more...
So sorry! I had been told that it was TurboTax thru H&R Block. I just googled and I guess that was a misrepresentation. Inappropriate if it HAD been TurboTax but completely appropriate now that I see it's a different program.
I saw this and it does not include the H&R Block tax program. So that means there is no way to convert the H&R data file? That seems inappropriate.
I'm having the same problem. What are we supposed to send to the beneficiary? Also, when I print the K-1 w/the letter, the letter says the state's K-1 is included but it is not.  grr
Is there a way to import an H&R tax return file (extension is .t18) into proseries? 
I need to fill out a 5500 for a client and saw that proseries support this form but I can't find it to download on the product selection screen. Am I looking in the wrong place? Is it bundled with a ... See more...
I need to fill out a 5500 for a client and saw that proseries support this form but I can't find it to download on the product selection screen. Am I looking in the wrong place? Is it bundled with a return? Thanks!
I filed an extension and did mark to pay the Q2, Q3, and Q4 payments automatically. I'm assuming that info wasn't actually submitted to the IRS with the extension. I'm assuming that only the Form 486... See more...
I filed an extension and did mark to pay the Q2, Q3, and Q4 payments automatically. I'm assuming that info wasn't actually submitted to the IRS with the extension. I'm assuming that only the Form 4868 was filed. Can anyone verify that?
Haha! That was good! I was got my hopes up. "They have it this year!?!?" No. I wish they would but alas, no they do not. While someone is asking, I know there aren't many PIFs and I would assume even ... See more...
Haha! That was good! I was got my hopes up. "They have it this year!?!?" No. I wish they would but alas, no they do not. While someone is asking, I know there aren't many PIFs and I would assume even less PIF tax preparers but I would love to start a support group for our small tribe. Anyone else interested? If so, email me at tara@sbfinancialpartners.com. Happy Tax Season!