Chris's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chris's Posts

It does seem to be the same thing.  I wanted to make sure that the message its self could be searched and did not see this one.
Just an FYI for anyone that has this for the 2019 tax year.  If you get this error and come here looking for the answer, go to the return and find the QBI Component form in the Forms in Use on the le... See more...
Just an FYI for anyone that has this for the 2019 tax year.  If you get this error and come here looking for the answer, go to the return and find the QBI Component form in the Forms in Use on the left side of your screen.  There is probably one for each of the assets you have in the return (that is what showed in the returns I have seen).  In any of those that are untitled, put in the name that shows in the matching Asset Entry Worksheet for the asset and the numbers should flow back to where they were before.  If this doesn't work for you, call tech support for further help.  I am one that handles such calls and I have dealt with this situation and this fixed it.
Just to update: Press Ctrl-F to bring up the forms list and type/go do "IRC Elections".  Scroll way down to the bottom and click on the magnifying glass in the box next to 1.263(a)-1(f) (line 11 ... See more...
Just to update: Press Ctrl-F to bring up the forms list and type/go do "IRC Elections".  Scroll way down to the bottom and click on the magnifying glass in the box next to 1.263(a)-1(f) (line 11 in the 2019 software).  Then check the box next to "Check here to make the De Minimis . . ."