dfa's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dfa's Posts

This is a repeat of an older question I found in ProConnect that wasn't quite resolved and applies to Lacerte as well. My client reimbursed himself for medical expenses incurred in prior years with h... See more...
This is a repeat of an older question I found in ProConnect that wasn't quite resolved and applies to Lacerte as well. My client reimbursed himself for medical expenses incurred in prior years with his HSA. Lacerte assumes they are current year medical expenses and allows them for CA purposes because CA doesn't recognize HSAs. However, they weren't deductible as current year medical expenses because they were incurred in a prior year. I can't find an override for this issue. My work around is entering a negative CA only itemized deduction in Screen 25. Has anyone else addressed this another way?
This is a repeat of an older question that wasn't quite resolved. My client reimbursed himself for medical expenses incurred in prior years with his HSA. Lacerte assumes they are current year medical... See more...
This is a repeat of an older question that wasn't quite resolved. My client reimbursed himself for medical expenses incurred in prior years with his HSA. Lacerte assumes they are current year medical expenses and allows them for CA purposes because CA doesn't recognize HSAs. However, they weren't eligible for CA because they were incurred in a prior year. I can't find an override for this issue. My work around is entering a negative CA only itemized deduction in Screen 25. Has anyone else addressed this another way?
Only 5-10 made it through before I could cancel the transfers, and I deleted them without opening. We deal with sensitive info daily and so aren't totally rando people, but in retrospect, I agree, it... See more...
Only 5-10 made it through before I could cancel the transfers, and I deleted them without opening. We deal with sensitive info daily and so aren't totally rando people, but in retrospect, I agree, it would have been good to call one to find out who their CPA is to inform them of the breach.
Our firm sounds very similar in size to yours. We tried it for about a month last year hoping that it would process/calculate quicker than our server. There was no noticeable difference. They use Rig... See more...
Our firm sounds very similar in size to yours. We tried it for about a month last year hoping that it would process/calculate quicker than our server. There was no noticeable difference. They use Rightnetworks as a remote desktop. Because we already log in to our server via remote desktop, it made navigating more difficult using two remote desktops and our local desktop, and so we ditched it. The conversion took about a day. Converting back took less time. A scary issue occurred during the end of the conversion process. Another CPA firm's clients began to proforma in to ours which defeated the whole "more secure" aspect of hosting. I never got an explanation as how it happened.
We're a very small firm but prepare some large partnerships that Lacerte struggles processing. I've tried all of the tricks to free up memory, but it consistently crashes when trying to enter special... See more...
We're a very small firm but prepare some large partnerships that Lacerte struggles processing. I've tried all of the tricks to free up memory, but it consistently crashes when trying to enter special allocations. Has anyone had similar issues and tried another program for their partnerships? Anyone try GoSystems?   
Is anyone have a problem with e-signature for corps? My clients get a blank screen when the go into Docusign. It seems to be working fine for 1040s.
If choosing the simplified method for the new asset, what happens to the potential unrecaptured 1250 gain? Does it go away and start over with the new asset or should I create a separate asset for an... See more...
If choosing the simplified method for the new asset, what happens to the potential unrecaptured 1250 gain? Does it go away and start over with the new asset or should I create a separate asset for an amount equal to the old assets' depreciation and make an offsetting entry in accumulated depreciation? 
We haven't been able to run Lacerte on our remote desktop network since the last update. We are all installing on our local drives and accessing the files on the server. It screwed up our settings an... See more...
We haven't been able to run Lacerte on our remote desktop network since the last update. We are all installing on our local drives and accessing the files on the server. It screwed up our settings and now we can't use remote desktop to log in from out of the office. 
I cannot get CA SMLLC vouchers to populate if the client has more than one SMLLC. It wasn't a problem in 2020 Lacerte and doesn't appear to be a problem for clients with just one SMLLC. Anyone able t... See more...
I cannot get CA SMLLC vouchers to populate if the client has more than one SMLLC. It wasn't a problem in 2020 Lacerte and doesn't appear to be a problem for clients with just one SMLLC. Anyone able to figure this out?
Screen 50. See 663(b) election. Click add if there are more payments that were made from 1/1 - 3/5.
Is it out of balance by your distributions? We were having the same issue after a recent update. Instead of Screen 27, enter distributions in Screen 8. Look at any unlocked S-corps returns that you c... See more...
Is it out of balance by your distributions? We were having the same issue after a recent update. Instead of Screen 27, enter distributions in Screen 8. Look at any unlocked S-corps returns that you completed earlier this year. They are probably out of balance too.   
Thanks! It worked. I've never needed to check that box in the past.
I came hear with the same problem. Schedule M2 Line 3 Net Income per Books is erroneously showing CA taxable income (Sch K Column (d) Line 21a). You can make an adjustment in the CA column in the M2 ... See more...
I came hear with the same problem. Schedule M2 Line 3 Net Income per Books is erroneously showing CA taxable income (Sch K Column (d) Line 21a). You can make an adjustment in the CA column in the M2 (screen 28), but the 568 is still in draft form, and I think they will fix it in an update. For now I'm making sure I can reconcile the M2 and holding until the update.
We prepare several large partnerships with 100+ partners, and prepare many, but not all, of their respective partner returns. It's common for us to need to re-export a particular K-1, but it's not pr... See more...
We prepare several large partnerships with 100+ partners, and prepare many, but not all, of their respective partner returns. It's common for us to need to re-export a particular K-1, but it's not practical to uncheck all the other individual partners. Is there a way to select a single K-1 to re-export? Or is it all or nothing?
I'm having this problem with Lacerte 2020. I have 256 partners with about 200 tagged for export. It's a BIG file. I did a cold reboot and went into diagnostics too make sure everything was still good... See more...
I'm having this problem with Lacerte 2020. I have 256 partners with about 200 tagged for export. It's a BIG file. I did a cold reboot and went into diagnostics too make sure everything was still good and then exported. I got the "No K-1 data..." message. I exited to the client list screen and tried again and it worked. I wish I could pick and choose which K-1s to re-export when needed without having to tag and untag 200 partners.
I've tried that several times. It's really bad. We have a beefy computer system, and I'm the only one working today, but I can only make one change at a time before it crashes. The special allocation... See more...
I've tried that several times. It's really bad. We have a beefy computer system, and I'm the only one working today, but I can only make one change at a time before it crashes. The special allocations screen is especially bad. It took several hours to complete what should have taken no more than an hour. Now I'm on to printing k-1s in small batches.
I'm working on a partnership that loads and calculates slowly and constantly freezes and crashes. There are 256 partners. In 2019 there were 224 partners and it was slow but still functional. Anyone ... See more...
I'm working on a partnership that loads and calculates slowly and constantly freezes and crashes. There are 256 partners. In 2019 there were 224 partners and it was slow but still functional. Anyone have similar problems and solutions? 
I'm just realizing this now. Has anyone figured out a feasible solution? To send and extra 40 pages is going to kill a lot of trees or data storage. My thought is to manually add the codes in as foot... See more...
I'm just realizing this now. Has anyone figured out a feasible solution? To send and extra 40 pages is going to kill a lot of trees or data storage. My thought is to manually add the codes in as footnotes. Is there a way to print extract the code pages from the instructions and add to the K-1 package as an attachment?
Spidell is recommending that we hold off on filing CA returns until the state approves AB 80 or AB 281. There's a possibility that they'll waive $150K, all of it, or maybe none at all. If you want to... See more...
Spidell is recommending that we hold off on filing CA returns until the state approves AB 80 or AB 281. There's a possibility that they'll waive $150K, all of it, or maybe none at all. If you want to take your chances, you can make adjustments on Screen 44. There's a PPP section.
This link doesn't work any more. Any idea where I can look? Thanks.