ranthony's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ranthony's Posts

But is there any way to just MOVE them to the correct tax year?  This is happening a LOT to me.
Client is getting the message "Authorization header is missing" when clicking on any document that I have loaded to Intuit Link for her to review. What is causing this and how to I fix it?
I would like Proseries/Intuit to accept this as my bill for 3 hours of my time trying to figure his one one out only to come to the realization that there is no fix and no one knows why it is happeni... See more...
I would like Proseries/Intuit to accept this as my bill for 3 hours of my time trying to figure his one one out only to come to the realization that there is no fix and no one knows why it is happening.  I may need to amend my client's returns WITHOUT charging them.  I will only charge you $75 per hour, so someone please contact me to either credit my account or send me a check for $225.  Thank  you.
Sounds like a software problem.
I wonder what happened in a tax file that isn't showing prior depreciation in 2019 when I've had this client and transferred the file from 2018 to 2019.  The client is just now making the depreciatio... See more...
I wonder what happened in a tax file that isn't showing prior depreciation in 2019 when I've had this client and transferred the file from 2018 to 2019.  The client is just now making the depreciation entries that I gave them and is asking why my depreciation goes beyond the cost she has recorded.  This is when I noticed that there is no prior depreciation.
No not yet, but they only made $9k, too.  I expect it to be a lot more this year.
I have a client (partnership/LLC) that filed a 1065 last year and I forgot that they went down to one member last year so I extended the 1065 before they got me their stuff.  Can I file an 1120S this... See more...
I have a client (partnership/LLC) that filed a 1065 last year and I forgot that they went down to one member last year so I extended the 1065 before they got me their stuff.  Can I file an 1120S this year for them - as they'd rather be treated this way than report on Schedule C?  Will they get a late penalty?  If I explain on the 2553 that the extension was filed for the 1065 properly, will I have to protest a fine?
State income tax
I had the IRS change my 2016 1040 (MINE - not a client's) for the state tax that I deduct from my schedule C, but they didn't change that part.  I add a line to my Schedule A to add it back to income... See more...
I had the IRS change my 2016 1040 (MINE - not a client's) for the state tax that I deduct from my schedule C, but they didn't change that part.  I add a line to my Schedule A to add it back to income so that my Schedule A reflects only that which is personal.  The IRS took that line off of my Schedule A and then added a Miscellaneous Income line to my 1040 for that amount.  There is no net change to my federal return, but my state hit me with a bill. Even though I add that back into my state income since state tax isn't deductible on my state return.   How is this normally entered on the return and does Proseries Basic have a way to enter it?  I don't see anything on the tax payments schedule where I can adjust what is deducted on the Schedule A.   I'm concerned because I've done this for years and not just for myself - for several clients.  I haven't had any of them com back yet, but it's probably only a matter of time...  ???