brettlin's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brettlin's Posts

I am boggled to why we cannot use rich text at the minimum to modify the questionnaires we send out as part of the organizers. It's the small, weird things they never seem to fix or update.
I think you may have to sign yourself up, Eric. 🤔
Yah, you can add a client to the portal directly in the portal. If you don't enter their 2019 stuff, there won't be a 'full' e-organizer that will generated for them, but you can still create a folde... See more...
Yah, you can add a client to the portal directly in the portal. If you don't enter their 2019 stuff, there won't be a 'full' e-organizer that will generated for them, but you can still create a folder for them and invite them.
I'm not talking about the worksheets, I'm talking about the actual filing. Majority of clients qualify for the exclusion, yes. But you still need to report the sale regardless if there is recognized ... See more...
I'm not talking about the worksheets, I'm talking about the actual filing. Majority of clients qualify for the exclusion, yes. But you still need to report the sale regardless if there is recognized gain or not.
I normally would wait to see if anyone else chimes in, but I looked and looked and didn't see anything. You're message reinforces my search. Add that on top of Lacerte not really letting us pull out ... See more...
I normally would wait to see if anyone else chimes in, but I looked and looked and didn't see anything. You're message reinforces my search. Add that on top of Lacerte not really letting us pull out reports and data that we want in other scenarios - I'll take your answer as solution. Lacerte is kind of that that kid whose family is in the lower-upper class, but compared their social circle, they are not as well off as their friends. They desperately want to be more well off and though of highly by others. So even though they are no better than those who may be thought of as upper-middle class, they treat everyone like they are better than them and walk around with a chip on their shoulder. They think they are just fine how they are and don't want to take time for self-reflection and just coast through life being mediocre. Look at me with that analogy! Am I an English professional or an Accountant? 
Is this part of the Intuit Practice Management (Karbon) tool? 
What is this Practice Summary feature? The name of that tool seems like it would have some good stuff to pull out and look at, but with your message of it not being accurate - I guess I shouldn't loo... See more...
What is this Practice Summary feature? The name of that tool seems like it would have some good stuff to pull out and look at, but with your message of it not being accurate - I guess I shouldn't look too hard into this tool? What else can it do? Where do I find it? I searched for practice summary in all of the toolbar drop-downs.
Hi. I'm trying to pull some reports from our listing of clients in Lacerte and I need to pull out everyone who had a sale of home. I cannot find where that option is in the big list of stuff to add ... See more...
Hi. I'm trying to pull some reports from our listing of clients in Lacerte and I need to pull out everyone who had a sale of home. I cannot find where that option is in the big list of stuff to add to your export. In Lacerte, there is a Worksheet created for Sale of Home to calculate if gain/loss and/or exclusion (§121). There is also a couple check boxes on the Dispositions pages of the home asset to designate it as sale of home and to allow the full exclusion. Where are these? I don't want to click through each of the 500+ clients to search!
Hi, We have Intuit Link in the Lacertes and we can access the client's portal and documents with the link provided on the main Client's tab. But I cannot seem to figure out how to print a client cop... See more...
Hi, We have Intuit Link in the Lacertes and we can access the client's portal and documents with the link provided on the main Client's tab. But I cannot seem to figure out how to print a client copy of their tax return to PDF and have it upload to their folder in Intuit Link. The only option I seem to be able to upload to directly from Lacerte is Smart Vault. What gives?  Am I missing something? There isn't an option to print to Intuit Link?
Is it possible the W2 did not account for the reduction in taxable wages so it is adding the contributions on Sch. 1? Does it give you an option to right-click the number on Sch.1 when you are viewin... See more...
Is it possible the W2 did not account for the reduction in taxable wages so it is adding the contributions on Sch. 1? Does it give you an option to right-click the number on Sch.1 when you are viewing forms and select the the jump to input option? What about the worksheets? Is there anything on the worksheets that would explain where the numbers are coming from? I assume it is actually the amount from Box 12 on the W2, and not just a coincidence that the amount on box 12 is the same as what is on Sch. 1?
Following, interested in solution: In the time being, it may be just a quick to just add that text with your PDF software once the files are ready to be sent to the client.
I cannot find a way to import client data changes into Lacerte? For example, we use a CRM to handle client information. Client moves, changes email addresss, new phone number (whatever, different con... See more...
I cannot find a way to import client data changes into Lacerte? For example, we use a CRM to handle client information. Client moves, changes email addresss, new phone number (whatever, different contact info) and we make the update in our CRM during the year. Now it's new tax season time and we need to send out the organizers and such to the clients. Many have different contact info in our CRM that what was in Lacerte from the prior year. I can export from my CRM to CSV, but can I not import into Lacerte the updated data? Alternatively, isn't there a simpler way to export all client information to CSV from Lacerte other than selecting each available field one at a time and clicking the "over" button on the Export client tool?  
Well, I wouldn't call this an acceptable solution. It is an answer to my question though.
I've found the table editor tool. Helpful! However, it would be more useful if I were able to export the data that is located in the tables (or select tables) so I can do specific tasks (search for s... See more...
I've found the table editor tool. Helpful! However, it would be more useful if I were able to export the data that is located in the tables (or select tables) so I can do specific tasks (search for spelling errors, delete duplicates). It would be neat if I would be able to import any changes back to the table also.  Any word on if this can be done in the software or if I may need to go into the system folder and make some modifications in the table files directly (if that's even an option). Cheers! - Brett
This works on page 1, the Client Info screen. But it doesn't do anything for the tables. I wonder if there is some sort of admin/security setting that is not allowing me to view/edit this table. No m... See more...
This works on page 1, the Client Info screen. But it doesn't do anything for the tables. I wonder if there is some sort of admin/security setting that is not allowing me to view/edit this table. No matter how many times I change a spouse to "Retired", it never updates the tables. The weird thing is that I only have 8 options on the drop down and nothing I add or change flows through to any other taxpayer.
I see those tables and I can update stuff like interest payers, dividend payers, employer names, and on and on. I just cannot find anything for the taxpayer. 
Where do I modify the listing of Occupations for the taxpayer and spouse information in the Client Information (page 1)? There are a lot of misspelled occupations in this software from previous years... See more...
Where do I modify the listing of Occupations for the taxpayer and spouse information in the Client Information (page 1)? There are a lot of misspelled occupations in this software from previous years of being used. I need to update this to remove some of these wrong ones.
How do we go about setting up client on Link when there is a married couple? I cannot see how to add multiple email address to the client folder for it to link back to the Lacerte software? Main tro... See more...
How do we go about setting up client on Link when there is a married couple? I cannot see how to add multiple email address to the client folder for it to link back to the Lacerte software? Main trouble I've run into is the husband is listed as the taxpayer in Lacerte but the wife is handling all of the tax work and document uploading. The email invite only goes to the taxpayer when I invite through Lacerte. Thanks.