Randy Haynes's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randy Haynes's Posts

I have a 1099-OID which shows Tax Exempt OID (Box 11) of $1,309. When I enter that amount in the Schedule B - Additional Interest Information Part D Line 4 (Bond/Acquisition Premium on tax-exempt bon... See more...
I have a 1099-OID which shows Tax Exempt OID (Box 11) of $1,309. When I enter that amount in the Schedule B - Additional Interest Information Part D Line 4 (Bond/Acquisition Premium on tax-exempt bond) I get an error because on the 1099-B it shows no tax exempt interest. How do I enter the OID?
Bob, Thank you for your input. When the question popped up, I said "yes" and then wanted to go back and change that. I couldn't find a way to do that, and the program was only allowing $77 as a cred... See more...
Bob, Thank you for your input. When the question popped up, I said "yes" and then wanted to go back and change that. I couldn't find a way to do that, and the program was only allowing $77 as a credit on Schedule 3. It was carrying the rest to future years. I finally decided to just start the return over from scratch and answered "no" when that question popped up a second time. It is now allowing about $550 credit and I am getting no errors. Your explanation makes sense with the numbers I am seeing. Thank you.
The foreign tax paid is well over $700, so I am trying to make sure that I  get the maximum credit.
In ProSeries Professional I am having trouble finding the box to click to remove the election to use the simplified method for foreign tax credits. This is the first year with foreign tax credits for... See more...
In ProSeries Professional I am having trouble finding the box to click to remove the election to use the simplified method for foreign tax credits. This is the first year with foreign tax credits for this client, and in response to remove an error, I said yes to use the simplified method. I now want to go back and say no in order to compare the results. Yes, this falls under the category of "You don't have to be very smart to be me!"
Thank you. The fact that the form is not yet ready is the basic answer my question.
The SEER is greater than 16, so it does qualify.
Where do I enter the cost of a Energy Star furnace/heat pump. I cannot seem to find it on the 5695 worksheet???
Oops. I wrote 1099-DIV instead of 1099-INT. when I go into the interest income worksheet, I cannot find any place to enter the Box 11 information..
Where do I report 1099-DIV Box 11 Tax Exempt OID?
Thank you. that is what I plan to do. However, since there is no 1099-R, I have no EIN to put into the worksheet to avoid errors. Can I just enter it as "Other Income" on Schedule 1 with an explanati... See more...
Thank you. that is what I plan to do. However, since there is no 1099-R, I have no EIN to put into the worksheet to avoid errors. Can I just enter it as "Other Income" on Schedule 1 with an explanation that it is a non-documented distribution from a Keogh?
The entity is DR'S X, Y & Z PSP according to the financial data I was provided. The only thing that I can find seems to indicate that PSP is for "Priority Setting Partnership" an entity of which I am... See more...
The entity is DR'S X, Y & Z PSP according to the financial data I was provided. The only thing that I can find seems to indicate that PSP is for "Priority Setting Partnership" an entity of which I am totally unaware. My client is Doctor Z. He has no idea of the structure of the entity other than telling me that the only assets are the funds in Keough plans for each of the doctors involved. When I asked him to get more information on the withdrawal of $230,000 he was told by the financial advisor "There are no 1099-R's generated. Attached please find March 2022 statement, on page 9 you will see your withdrawal. This is what the accountants use for tax purposes."   In the statement, there are records of holdings, sales, etc.  for the month of March only. That was the month of the withdrawal. In my experience, I know that Keough plans are funded by pre-tax dollars, so it would be normal for all withdrawals (distributions) to be fully taxable. The problem is that in the details buried in the statement, there are funds shown with basis, sales with gains, etc. I am a total loss as to how to correctly report this on the tax return.
That is not what my research reveals. Note bullet point 5 below. Who receives a 1099-R? Contract owners with reportable distributions from their annuities during the previous calendar year will re... See more...
That is not what my research reveals. Note bullet point 5 below. Who receives a 1099-R? Contract owners with reportable distributions from their annuities during the previous calendar year will receive a 1099-R. For more information, see "What is the difference between a reportable and taxable distribution?" below. If applicable, a 1099-R is mailed to the contract owner's address of record. For clients enrolled in electronic delivery, notification of 1099-R availability on the website is sent to the email address on record. The information on the 1099-R is based on the contract owner, not the annuitant (except for 457(b) government entity-owned contracts). If the contract has joint owners, the 1099-R is issued to the primary owner. A 1099-R is not generated on corporate-owned nonqualified, 401(k), Pension, Keogh, 457(b), or 501(c)(3) not-for-profit entity-owned contracts. A 1099-R is also not generally generated if your contract is held by a custodian company. In this case, please contact your custodian for your 1099-R.
Do I report Keough distributions on Schedule 1 as Other Income"? The recipient is over 59. 5 in age, so I know there is no penalty, but I am just not sure where they are reported in the return as no ... See more...
Do I report Keough distributions on Schedule 1 as Other Income"? The recipient is over 59. 5 in age, so I know there is no penalty, but I am just not sure where they are reported in the return as no 1099-R is generated for Keough distributions..
On 1099-INT I see an amount in the supplemental information section labeled Tax-exempt accrued interest earned. Where is that entered in ProSeries?
On the Schedule B worksheet, go to the Dividend Income Smart Worksheet. Double click in the line where the Payer's name is entered. That will open the Dividend Income Worksheet. Scroll to the bottom ... See more...
On the Schedule B worksheet, go to the Dividend Income Smart Worksheet. Double click in the line where the Payer's name is entered. That will open the Dividend Income Worksheet. Scroll to the bottom to see section F. On line 8 you will enter Section 897 ordinary dividends and on line 9 Section 897 capital gains.
I have a expat client who lives in Ireland and for the first time has received benefits from his time with the US Railroad. I have no issues with the RRB-1099-R, but he also received two different Fo... See more...
I have a expat client who lives in Ireland and for the first time has received benefits from his time with the US Railroad. I have no issues with the RRB-1099-R, but he also received two different Forms RRB-1042S, each with gross benefits paid and federal taxes withheld. Is the the equivalent of Social Security benefits?
Thank you! I now have much greater peace of mind seeing the returns listed as accepted by the agency.
I had a major computer malfunction, and now the list of efiled returns is not accurate. How do I refresh/rebuild the list of returns efiled, accepted, rejected, etc?
Thank you.
I have a 1099-OID that shows an amount in Box 11 for Tax Exempt OID. Where is that number entered in ProSeries. I do not see it anywhere on the Interest Income Worksheet Additional Information.