Michael D's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michael D's Posts

I figured it out. It was on a separate line- not with the client 1040 and state. It was at the top of the E file center. 
I checked the electronically file FBAR 114 box on the information page and I do not see the FBAR 114 line in the EF center. What am I missing? 
thank you!
SEE REJECT MSG BELOW WHERE I REPLIED TO THE OTHER POST.  
"PROSRIES DETECTED THAT THE AMOUNTS IN THIS RETURN HAVE CHANGED SINCE IT WAS EFILED. PLEASE REVIEW THESE CHANGES TO SEE IF AN AMEDED RTURN NEEDS TO BE EIFILED" When I display the changes, it is pull... See more...
"PROSRIES DETECTED THAT THE AMOUNTS IN THIS RETURN HAVE CHANGED SINCE IT WAS EFILED. PLEASE REVIEW THESE CHANGES TO SEE IF AN AMEDED RTURN NEEDS TO BE EIFILED" When I display the changes, it is pulling the $1800 rebate out in an amended return view.
I checked no for that 
they are 24 and 25 years old living on their own earning good salaries.
Not sure this posted the first time as I received an error message. I am starting to get rejections from the IRS and adjustment messages from Proseries regarding the recovery rebate for clients who ... See more...
Not sure this posted the first time as I received an error message. I am starting to get rejections from the IRS and adjustment messages from Proseries regarding the recovery rebate for clients who were dependents on their parents return in 2019 and are now on their own claiming the $1800 recovery rebate which is being rejected. Their parents did not receive any stimulus money when they were their dependent as the parents income was over the threshold or the clients were 18 and older. Can anyone explain why this is happening? thanks in advance. . 
  I need to contact a ProSeries expert. This is very frustrating. 
apologies- I see the instructions in the lower part of your reply. Thank you again!
Thank you Lisa- I will try that. What are the steps to run that as I have never run that before? If I still hit a  roadblock, how do I cut through the red tape at Intuit and get a knowledgable tech ... See more...
Thank you Lisa- I will try that. What are the steps to run that as I have never run that before? If I still hit a  roadblock, how do I cut through the red tape at Intuit and get a knowledgable tech support person? I struck out three times already. I am stressing with the 10/15 deadline approaching- I have plenty of work to do and losing days now.
Thank you Lisa! Here is what happended last night after two grueling hours: -tried to uninstall program (not successfull) -Rep told me to go into the C drive and add the word "OLD" next to TY2019 ... See more...
Thank you Lisa! Here is what happended last night after two grueling hours: -tried to uninstall program (not successfull) -Rep told me to go into the C drive and add the word "OLD" next to TY2019 -tried to then download 2019 from the ProSeries website ( got halfway through and then it stopped) -he then told me to go back to the C drive and delete TY2019OLD (cannot confirm if this was successful) -I remember I had the cd from the intital installation and downloaded from that which was successful -the problem is now when I open the program there are no tax returns in there- so somehow I need to get all the returns inot this 
2 more hours invested with tech support. Still nothing! This guy made things worse.  I need to somehow reach one of the programmers. These tech support people read from scripts. 
Thank you Lisa!
they did not! I had this problem earlier in the year with a 2013 program where I had a client doing past returns. I spent 8 hours on the phone with tech support with 4 different people. The 4th perso... See more...
they did not! I had this problem earlier in the year with a 2013 program where I had a client doing past returns. I spent 8 hours on the phone with tech support with 4 different people. The 4th person solved it right away! Not all tech support people are created equal at ProSeries. Very frustrating!
thank you very much Ironman! Problem is I will have to call the tech support desk again to walk me through the backup, deinstall and reinstall process. While I am tax savy, I am not at all tech savy.... See more...
thank you very much Ironman! Problem is I will have to call the tech support desk again to walk me through the backup, deinstall and reinstall process. While I am tax savy, I am not at all tech savy.  (btw- my IM event was postponed to next year)
Ironman- I have not. If I uninstall, do I lose all of my tax returns?
Hi, does anyone else have a problem launching 2019 ProSeries? I was working on it Saturday. When I tried to open it on Sunday it did not open. I already invested 3.5 hourrs with Tech support who were... See more...
Hi, does anyone else have a problem launching 2019 ProSeries? I was working on it Saturday. When I tried to open it on Sunday it did not open. I already invested 3.5 hourrs with Tech support who were uselsss. thanks