skyworks's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skyworks's Posts

thanks for the response.   But from Pub 519 page 46-50 Dual status filing, it says "must file by 4/15. I am confused, anyone can help? Appreciated! When and Where To File: 1. If you are a reside... See more...
thanks for the response.   But from Pub 519 page 46-50 Dual status filing, it says "must file by 4/15. I am confused, anyone can help? Appreciated! When and Where To File: 1. If you are a resident alien on the last day of your tax year and report your income on a calendar year basis, you must file no later than April 15 of the year following the close of your tax year (but see the TIP, later). If you report your income on other than a calendar year basis, file your return no later than the 15th day of the 4th month following the close of your tax year. In either case, file your return with the address for dual-status aliens shown on the back of the Instructions for Form 1040. 2. If you are a nonresident alien on the last day of your tax year and you report your income on a calendar year basis, you must file no later than April 15 of the year following the close of your tax year if you receive wages subject to withholding. If you report your income on other than a calendar year basis, file your return no later than the 15th day of the 4th month following the close of your tax year. If you did not receive wages subject to withholding and you report your income on a calendar year basis, you must file no later than June 15 of the year following the close of your tax year. If you report your income on other than a calendar year basis, file your return no later than the 15th day of the 6th month following the close of your tax year. In any case, mail your return to: Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Austin, TX 73301-0215
I was wonder if I can file 4868 extension for the dual status client? One case is become resident at end of the year and move to US from foreign country in may. (The 1040 will be filed and 1040NR w... See more...
I was wonder if I can file 4868 extension for the dual status client? One case is become resident at end of the year and move to US from foreign country in may. (The 1040 will be filed and 1040NR will be attached as the statement) The other case is opposite, the client became nonreside at the end of year moved out od US July 2023. Both 1040NR and the 1040 will bw filed.
  A couple entered US with EB5 visa (so called conditional green card) during 2023. Wife entered US on 5/1/2023, need report her income from 5/1/2023-12/31/2023. Husband entered US on 9/1/2023 and... See more...
  A couple entered US with EB5 visa (so called conditional green card) during 2023. Wife entered US on 5/1/2023, need report her income from 5/1/2023-12/31/2023. Husband entered US on 9/1/2023 and he needs report his income from 9/1/2023-12/31/2023 My question is that can they still file merried filing jointly with different time period during 2023? If they file joingtly, can the husband only include his income for the period from 9/1 to 12/31/2023? Or the husband need use the earlier entry date of his wife's 5/1/2023-12/31/2023 to report income? Any suggestions would be very appreciated!
Thanks for sharing. It seemed only chance can import pdf copy is when you create the new Client. After the new client created,  you can see prior year's from Tax Summary.   Hope they can make thi... See more...
Thanks for sharing. It seemed only chance can import pdf copy is when you create the new Client. After the new client created,  you can see prior year's from Tax Summary.   Hope they can make this import more easy after the new client created.           below is the scree of create new client: Create their client profile and 2023 return by importing their prior-year 1040   We’ll handle the client and dependent info, and we'll make sure you're all set for year-over-year comparisons.
hi just to confirm, yes you can import information from prior year's return from pdf file. When you creat new custome, the import option pop up. The prior year tax data will be show in tax summary... See more...
hi just to confirm, yes you can import information from prior year's return from pdf file. When you creat new custome, the import option pop up. The prior year tax data will be show in tax summary for comparison.       Jean
Anyone has import prior year 1040 return from pdf file? I have just noticed when I create new client, you can import prior year return. So you only can import when you create new client? If I crea... See more...
Anyone has import prior year 1040 return from pdf file? I have just noticed when I create new client, you can import prior year return. So you only can import when you create new client? If I created new client and send them the invitation and engagement letter, but have not imported their prior year’s tax, can I still import? Thanks!
thanks!
Hi, I am efiling amended 2021, had same IPPIN as original filed,  but return got rejected.  "Primary taxpayer's Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) must match the e-File dat... See more...
Hi, I am efiling amended 2021, had same IPPIN as original filed,  but return got rejected.  "Primary taxpayer's Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) must match the e-File database. Please double check your entry and resubmit your return with the correct number" Do new IPPIN needed for the amended return?   Anyone can help?   Thanks!  
Hi, Does intuit automatically calculate interest owed for Federal and States? I am filing an amended return for 2022, the client missed interest adn dividend income. There are balance due on for I... See more...
Hi, Does intuit automatically calculate interest owed for Federal and States? I am filing an amended return for 2022, the client missed interest adn dividend income. There are balance due on for IL and MA states on amended. I can manually add interest to MA, but do not know how to add for IL state.   Anyone knows? Thanks!    
thanks, good point if CP-2000 processed as an AUR. anyone had similar case? We had called IRS FBAR, they suggest to efile in BSA system for 6 each year (2022- to 2017) with an explanation of reason ... See more...
thanks, good point if CP-2000 processed as an AUR. anyone had similar case? We had called IRS FBAR, they suggest to efile in BSA system for 6 each year (2022- to 2017) with an explanation of reason not to filing. The taxpayer lost job, had family member passed away during 2021.    The two foreign bank accounts, one is checking they use when back to the country, The other was an investment account before they immigrate to USA, not many activities. Will pick up the interest or capital gain if any stock sold on the associated years.      
Hi, My new client recently got IRS notice with penality and tax due resulting from 2021 unreported 1099 k income (the return done by the client themself). Per IRS instruction, not required but it is... See more...
Hi, My new client recently got IRS notice with penality and tax due resulting from 2021 unreported 1099 k income (the return done by the client themself). Per IRS instruction, not required but it is allowed to attach the amended return (recalculate the cost associated with the 1099k income), I can handel this part. Further look I found they have a couple of foreign bank accounts the total amount >$10k, they never heard the FBAR request so never reported. So I am wondering if I am able to file for 114 along with the amended return for 2021? Or how should we handel the missing 114 forms for all the 6  years from 2022 and prior all the way back?   Any suggestions will appreciated.    
Hi, One of personal return got rejected Code: IND-517-01 stating that a dependent on the return had filed their own return. My client called IRS and found one of the dependent's (parent) social sec... See more...
Hi, One of personal return got rejected Code: IND-517-01 stating that a dependent on the return had filed their own return. My client called IRS and found one of the dependent's (parent) social security had been filed (by someone). So the return need be paper filed now along with supporting documents. But my client has a large refurn and want get the refund ASAP, can we take off the dependt (the parent claimed by someone) try efiling again without that? Then file form 14039 seperatly for identity theft investigation?   Anyone had this experience before?   thanks! 
Thanks, it make sence and I have spilit the depreciations by asset between LLC and personal return. But running into another issue, the balance sheet has much higher liability then the asset, I thin... See more...
Thanks, it make sence and I have spilit the depreciations by asset between LLC and personal return. But running into another issue, the balance sheet has much higher liability then the asset, I think it is result the rental appreciated, and the current Mortgage is much higer then the original property cost ( the partner has been refinance and used to buy other rental property). So I have to plug in the variance called Loan to Partners (and other LLC they created). Does this sound right?  
Hi, Can any one please advise? Husband and wife transferred rental properties to their new LLC in Oct 2022. I am entering depreciation, thought should apply 9 months the depreciation to personal r... See more...
Hi, Can any one please advise? Husband and wife transferred rental properties to their new LLC in Oct 2022. I am entering depreciation, thought should apply 9 months the depreciation to personal return, then 3 months on partnership. First on personal return, how to let system know to stop as 10/1/2022 on personal return? Or you have to manually overwrite? Second on Partnership return, the depreciation starts at 10/1/2022 , add accumulated depreciation to prior year, but the method is default at certain years, for example the building is 27.5, if it has been depreciated for 10 years, the remaining life is 17.5, how the system would know to stop?    Please help! Thanks!
Hi, Does anyone know how /where to report the tax credit (paid to Foreign country) by sec 962 election? I am looking for a templet to make election of Sec 962? Does the calculation needbe include t... See more...
Hi, Does anyone know how /where to report the tax credit (paid to Foreign country) by sec 962 election? I am looking for a templet to make election of Sec 962? Does the calculation needbe include the election? thanks!
Thanks for the worksheet. Yes I have done worksheet in excel, I know the $300k is recognized gain reported on form 4797.   But I was not sure if the basis carried from old property $600 k, should ... See more...
Thanks for the worksheet. Yes I have done worksheet in excel, I know the $300k is recognized gain reported on form 4797.   But I was not sure if the basis carried from old property $600 k, should be reduced by the $300k gain realized?   Yes, I used the land and Bldg % to allocate the carry basis to the land and building for the three new condos replaced.  
Hi, I have a 1031 exchange, sold rental property for 2.2 M, purchased three total together 1.9 M. It is partial exchange. There basis is $600k left from the property sold, so carry over this basis... See more...
Hi, I have a 1031 exchange, sold rental property for 2.2 M, purchased three total together 1.9 M. It is partial exchange. There basis is $600k left from the property sold, so carry over this basis over under the remaining life of the asset (which is 17.5 years =27.5-10). Should I subtract $300 k out from the basis due to the replacement cost was less ?  
thanks - solved!  It is flip 
Anyone knows how it flows or do I manually enter to 1040? If yes, where to enter on 1040, Schedule 1? I am preparing the tax return, the taxpayer owned (100%) a foreign company had net loss since 20... See more...
Anyone knows how it flows or do I manually enter to 1040? If yes, where to enter on 1040, Schedule 1? I am preparing the tax return, the taxpayer owned (100%) a foreign company had net loss since 2016, the 5471 filed. But 2022 the company start had a net income of $12k (reported on Sch C ). I also reported on Sch H and Sch I-1, but I do not see the net income flow to 1040.   The company is buy product from manufactory then sell to retail.  
Hi, I have a case: 1.  A two member LLC purchased a small dental office at $200k end of 2021. Filed 1065 for the LLC, report it on balance sheet as other investment asset. 2. Durning 2022 $50k sp... See more...
Hi, I have a case: 1.  A two member LLC purchased a small dental office at $200k end of 2021. Filed 1065 for the LLC, report it on balance sheet as other investment asset. 2. Durning 2022 $50k spent to remodel, but not sold at end of 2022.  Occured operating expense (HOA fee, property tax, etc.). Should the operating expense & $50k remodel added to the cost?  Then still report on balance sheet under investmetn asset for 2022? what if the property sold in 2023? Or what if the unit rented in 2023? Thanks!