Terry53029's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terry53029's Posts

That is the way I handle it. I have no clients in that income range, and when I see an amount on line 20 AG that is the only place I record it on the K1
In ProSeries Pro there is no "magic" on the K1 worksheet, line 20, code AG. You have to manually enter any amounts if section 448 C applies to your clients. Basically section 448 C says you can't use... See more...
In ProSeries Pro there is no "magic" on the K1 worksheet, line 20, code AG. You have to manually enter any amounts if section 448 C applies to your clients. Basically section 448 C says you can't use the cash method of accounting unless your gross receipts are under $25,000,000. If you want to read more, here is a link:  https://www.thetaxadviser.com/issues/2019/aug/small-taxpayer-gross-receipts-rules.html
If you right click on the dotted line to the left of line one, on the 1040 worksheet you will get a box with mag glass. click on that, then scroll down to line 13 to enter amount of scholarship incom... See more...
If you right click on the dotted line to the left of line one, on the 1040 worksheet you will get a box with mag glass. click on that, then scroll down to line 13 to enter amount of scholarship income not reported on W2
I think that coleague cpa's are trained in barbershop roundtables, unlike colleague cpa's. 
No, but if your client has all covered transactions you only need to enter short term and long term totals on the 1099B worksheet. No need to attach statement or mail them.. 
When filling out the W2 worksheet, scroll down to bottom, and fill out the employee information that is on the W2.
Don't believe so
The basic rule for states is: The resident state, taxes world wide income. The nonresident taxes only income earned in their state. In your case all income is taxed to NY, and all income after becomi... See more...
The basic rule for states is: The resident state, taxes world wide income. The nonresident taxes only income earned in their state. In your case all income is taxed to NY, and all income after becoming a IL resident is taxed to IL. IL will give a credit for the tax paid to NY while a resident of IL.
PY for both states, and allocate wages accordingly Investment income I believe is all to state of residence. 
When filling out the 1099R worksheet, and you say the distribution was coronavirus related, the program generates a 8915E, and automatically spreads it out over 3 years On the 8915E there is a box to... See more...
When filling out the 1099R worksheet, and you say the distribution was coronavirus related, the program generates a 8915E, and automatically spreads it out over 3 years On the 8915E there is a box to check if you don't want to spread over 3 years
When you do a PY, it allows you to say tax payer was full time, and spouse was Non resident. you do the PY for both states.
You prepare a part year resident for both allocating the income to each state 
click on top menu "view" then click on forms bar
Don't forget the IRS is only redoing the unemployment. If changing the AGI affects credits, then you have to amend
Good article from "The Tax Advisor" in part " Even though an individual is retired and not currently involved in his or her creative pursuit of income, any royalties received are business income if t... See more...
Good article from "The Tax Advisor" in part " Even though an individual is retired and not currently involved in his or her creative pursuit of income, any royalties received are business income if the individual was engaged in the business at the time the material generating the royalties was produced. 7 In summary, royalty income should be classified as business income for individuals who were in the business at the time the intellectual property was created". Here is the link: https://www.thetaxadviser.com/issues/2013/dec/kelley-dec2013.html
Once you take out your IRA, it is no longer a tax favored account. You then have a loss due to fraud. I am far from an expert in that area, but have read of people doing that. Which is why you should... See more...
Once you take out your IRA, it is no longer a tax favored account. You then have a loss due to fraud. I am far from an expert in that area, but have read of people doing that. Which is why you should send your clients to a good tax lawyer. Also I think you must take out all IRA accounts, and if under 59 1/2 the 10% penalty applies.
I think you should advise your clients to see an attorney. If they withdraw any funds left they may be able to use Revenue Procedure 2009-20, and take a loss not subject to 2% AGI