Terry53029's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terry53029's Posts

Don't know why you would try to put an expense under child care as that is for a child under 14 years old. Your question leaves out too many details to give you an answer. I can only assume you are t... See more...
Don't know why you would try to put an expense under child care as that is for a child under 14 years old. Your question leaves out too many details to give you an answer. I can only assume you are talking about your client that is in the business of health care. does your client have W2 or 1099NEC. Need a lot more details
Not as a casualty loss, but maybe a medical expense ? don't know, but maybe someone will jump in with an opinion
Yes, why would you think otherwise ??
I only transfer clients when they schedule. Been doing that for years because of all the problems that came up when I used to do a bulk transfer. Have had no issues doing it that way
Military pay is always taxed in the state where they sign up not where they are stationed (there are some exceptions like NY. If they are out of NY the whole year they pay no state tax anywhere). Lik... See more...
Military pay is always taxed in the state where they sign up not where they are stationed (there are some exceptions like NY. If they are out of NY the whole year they pay no state tax anywhere). Like you said some states exempt their pay even if they sign up in that state. I think it is up to you to enter it correctly, as I don't see how a program will sort out all the rules. Also the families are taxed differently depending on state
If bought in 2023 there are income phase outs, and it is a non refundable credit
Only current and previous two years 
Form 843 is not used for retirement funds. The funds from a retirement fund are going to be taxed if not a ROTH. You may be able to request an exception for the 10% penalty if he is under 59 1/2 depe... See more...
Form 843 is not used for retirement funds. The funds from a retirement fund are going to be taxed if not a ROTH. You may be able to request an exception for the 10% penalty if he is under 59 1/2 depending on what kind of retirement fund.
If no personal use (less than 10%, or 14 days) then it would be 100% rental, and all taxes, and mortgage interest should go on Schedule E
You can deduct business mileage if you have a home office that qualifies as your regular workplace, and drive between your home and another work location in the same trade or business. If your home i... See more...
You can deduct business mileage if you have a home office that qualifies as your regular workplace, and drive between your home and another work location in the same trade or business. If your home isn't your regular workplace, driving between home and work is considered a commute, and therefore isn't deductible
You have to go to irs.gov. and type IP Pin in the search bar, and follow directions
If your client receives a SSA1099 some of it could be taxable depending on filing status, and other income. You just fill in the worksheet with box 5 amount on the SSA1099 where it asks for the box 5... See more...
If your client receives a SSA1099 some of it could be taxable depending on filing status, and other income. You just fill in the worksheet with box 5 amount on the SSA1099 where it asks for the box 5 amount on the worksheet, and read the description on the worksheet to fill in other amounts from the SSA1099  
You will file MFJ nonresident, and only wife's income will be taxed in OR. See link. https://www.oregon.gov/dor/programs/individuals/pages/what-form.aspx
You can add the improvements to basis, but not the travel, as it is not a business property
When you filled out the 1095A did you list only the tax payer as covered?
@katie When a home is inherited there is a step up in basis, Your client would have a basis of the value of the home on the date of passing of the person he inherited it from. See IRS link. https:/... See more...
@katie When a home is inherited there is a step up in basis, Your client would have a basis of the value of the home on the date of passing of the person he inherited it from. See IRS link. https://www.irs.gov/faqs/interest-dividends-other-types-of-income/gifts-inheritances/gifts-inheritances
27 1/2. 
Like Dusty said check the 1040. when you add income that can change several items on the 1040
No. You are deferring the gain so it will not be reported.
When in the 1099B worksheet, double click, and a window opens up ( I name it name of broker). Scroll almost to bottom to check box to defer QOT