Terry53029's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terry53029's Posts

that is why ProSeries has a section on the 1098T worksheet to do a reconciliation of box 1, and 5. Always use the clients records, as the amounts are often wrong on the 1098T
Can IL be Efiled after Federal, or can it be Efiled later. (we can do that in WI, don't know about IL) I have filed MFJ federal, then filed MFS at a later time. You file federal by itself, then you c... See more...
Can IL be Efiled after Federal, or can it be Efiled later. (we can do that in WI, don't know about IL) I have filed MFJ federal, then filed MFS at a later time. You file federal by itself, then you create two returns MFS, and only Efile to state. 
@IRonMaN I believe you need the master mind reader, as I am only a student of his  😁
See the instructions for form 7202 at this link: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i7202.pdf
On the 1099R worksheet you scroll almost to bottom under rollovers, and check the correct box
Don't know about basic, but in pro the entries are changed this year. For simple stock sales they are entered directly on schedule D  
No, only list total short, and total long term on covered transactions
From instructions form 3903:  Enter the amount you paid to travel from your old home to your new home. This includes transportation and lodging on the way. Include costs for the day you arrive. T... See more...
From instructions form 3903:  Enter the amount you paid to travel from your old home to your new home. This includes transportation and lodging on the way. Include costs for the day you arrive. The members of your household do not have to travel together or at the same time. But you can only include expenses for one trip per person. Do not include any house hunting expenses
I use ProSeries Pro, and haven't had a problem  
😔 Only been doing this 30 years (time to retire) Thanks Lisa, the box to convert and transmit was unchecked. Don't know why, as I never uncheck that box.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I just did update, and tried again. Getting same message.  
Trying to Efile 2019 return, select client, efile now, convert, yes. status = return ready to transmit. What does that mean, as I always have gotten "received by Intuit" Any help appreciated.
Form 8915-E, but its not ready yet
@PhoebeRoberts I believe box 4 be netted against box 5 only if they are repaying this years funds. If for a previous year, if under $3000 it can't be recovered, and if over $3000 I believe you can de... See more...
@PhoebeRoberts I believe box 4 be netted against box 5 only if they are repaying this years funds. If for a previous year, if under $3000 it can't be recovered, and if over $3000 I believe you can deduct. Haven't done one in quite awhile, and would have to research how. Used to put small amounts on schedule A Misc deductions, but that is now gone
No, Here are IL instruction:  Filing requirements. You must file Form  IL - 1065 , Partnership  Replacement Tax  Return, if you are a partnership, as defined in Internal Revenue Code (IRS), Sectio... See more...
No, Here are IL instruction:  Filing requirements. You must file Form  IL - 1065 , Partnership  Replacement Tax  Return, if you are a partnership, as defined in Internal Revenue Code (IRS), Section 761(a)
Click on the green ? where do I enter, at the top menu, and type 1040X
@BobKamman  Bob, have you ever been able to get a corrected 1098T ? if you have, your doing better than me. Many years ago I would try, but now I don't bother. I guess that is the reason the 1098T wo... See more...
@BobKamman  Bob, have you ever been able to get a corrected 1098T ? if you have, your doing better than me. Many years ago I would try, but now I don't bother. I guess that is the reason the 1098T worksheets in most professional tax software make a box to put the amount actually paid.  😁
Tuition is claimed in year paid, I always have my clients provide their receipts, as 1098s are notorious for being incorrect 
The form is ready, but it can't be efiled per IRS instructions. You fill out the form in ProSeries, then save as a pdf, attach to the return.