WHISTLINGJIM's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHISTLINGJIM's Posts

My comment is a year late, but for the sake of others who may come along later... Reg 1.263(a)-3(k)(1)(iv) requires capitalization when the expenditure "Returns the unit of property to its ordinarily ... See more...
My comment is a year late, but for the sake of others who may come along later... Reg 1.263(a)-3(k)(1)(iv) requires capitalization when the expenditure "Returns the unit of property to its ordinarily efficient operating condition if the property has deteriorated to a state of disrepair and is no longer functional for its intended use."  Going from a state of not functioning to functioning means it is capitalizable.  I thing 3(k)(1)(vi) would also likely require it to be capitalized.
Client's wife received 1099-MISC for realtor's commission she received for the purchase of their own home. That was her only commission received in 2018.  I am inclined to show the income on Schedule... See more...
Client's wife received 1099-MISC for realtor's commission she received for the purchase of their own home. That was her only commission received in 2018.  I am inclined to show the income on Schedule C and back it out, reducing the basis of the house purchased.  Has anyone seen this?  Any support for this approach, or evidence showing that won't work?  Thanks.