skeramidas's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skeramidas's Posts

Deductions. The fourth box down  
Did you resolve this yet? I usually forget to check the box on the original return AMD box. Also, remember to fill in what the original refund or amount due was.
I'm a basic user. Under transfer I don't have Transfer Preparer & Billing info option. It did transfer preparer info, but billing is blank  
Enter the form it came on, then go to Other Income section and explain it is income under Notice 2014-7 enter same amount that was entered on the form it came on, but with a negative (ex. -500)   
I have 25 asset entry worksheets for a client's rental properties, on the billing screen it is only saying it is billing for 8. Has anyone else noticed this in your billing?
Right click on Sch. B tab and you will have the option to print.
You can only e-file from one computer, probably the first (the one you downloaded the program to) computer.
I use the disc that was sent to use on a second computer
Thank you very much for the information. I must have missed that. Thanks again.
I can't believe somebody thinks they are a non-filer just because they didn't file tax years 2018 and 2019, but they should have.
19 year old went to the website for stimulus check as a non-filer because she wanted the $1,200. Now her 2019 tax return was rejected because it says she filed already. Question: Do you think I can d... See more...
19 year old went to the website for stimulus check as a non-filer because she wanted the $1,200. Now her 2019 tax return was rejected because it says she filed already. Question: Do you think I can do an amended return to show her actual return (she's getting a refund) or will we have to mail it in and wait the six months to a year to get refund.
Do you know what MI gets if you electronically file an amendment? Should I attach the form that was incorrectly input and increased AGI? Thanks
Just released from NATP: "As of last night, the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the IRS announced that Social Security beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns will not ne... See more...
Just released from NATP: "As of last night, the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the IRS announced that Social Security beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns will not need to file an abbreviated tax return to receive the economic impact payment. Instead, payments will be automatically deposited into their bank accounts. The IRS will use information from the Form SSA-1099 and Form RRB-1099, and receipients will receive these payments as a direct deposit or by paper check, just as they would normally receive their benefits. Please note, since the IRS would not have information regarding any dependents for these people unless they filed a tax return, each person would receive $1,200 per person, without the additional amount for any dependents. First timulus payments expected to go out week of April 13." The article goes on with lots more information that is very helpful, but I can't type the whole article (6 pages).
I agree--maybe there is a way to force direct deposit information. There will be a portal on the irs site to do "simple returns" whatever that means and submit your direct deposit information. All th... See more...
I agree--maybe there is a way to force direct deposit information. There will be a portal on the irs site to do "simple returns" whatever that means and submit your direct deposit information. All these announcements are made to people, but their website isn't ready to accommodate the taxpayer.
MI tax preparer needs help with AZ private school credit contribution.  Client (my daughter family return) got transferred to AZ. Is a part-year resident for 2019. She, and spouse, contributed $2,269... See more...
MI tax preparer needs help with AZ private school credit contribution.  Client (my daughter family return) got transferred to AZ. Is a part-year resident for 2019. She, and spouse, contributed $2,269 to private school. The credit is a maximum of 1,138 for MFJ. They were told to contribute $2,269--why if the credit is a maximum of $1,138? Will the $1,131 amount be a carry over to 2020? If so, I don't see the excess carry over anywhere, except to apply to 2018 ($1,301), or will this be carried to 2020 that can be applied? As you can see, I am completely confused. Thanks in advance, sorry I'm not at all versed in AZ returns.
Basic does not offer that feature. Do 3 files, Taxpayer, Spouse, Joint--alot of work, but that's how I have had to do it.
2016 ACA Penalty refund (?) will expire April 15, 2020. You need to file a protective claim before April 15, 2020 to keep the return from 2016 open.  2017, 2018--maybe they will have determined if it... See more...
2016 ACA Penalty refund (?) will expire April 15, 2020. You need to file a protective claim before April 15, 2020 to keep the return from 2016 open.  2017, 2018--maybe they will have determined if it was unconstitutional and you have time to amend.  I would wait a while to file the protective claim from 2016 in case it is resolved, but the supreme court doesn't want to rush on the decision.
No separate 8879 for MI.  Michigan will accept Federal 8879.
Try Tools, unlock