Toussaint's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toussaint's Posts

In Intuit Link when a client is active I get an email.  However, it never tells me if they are completed with uploading documents/responding to questions.   It takes considerable time to look at each... See more...
In Intuit Link when a client is active I get an email.  However, it never tells me if they are completed with uploading documents/responding to questions.   It takes considerable time to look at each request every time they are active.  
I agree that the social would have to match the name for the federal to not get rejected.   However, the state doesn't always work that way.   If either fed/state was filed incorrectly.   I would se... See more...
I agree that the social would have to match the name for the federal to not get rejected.   However, the state doesn't always work that way.   If either fed/state was filed incorrectly.   I would send the amended return with the explanation of "Clerical Error" and state the original filed social and the correct one - enclose an "As originally filed" return copy as well as an "As amended" return copy with the 1040-X   or other state Amended form.  Seem like amended would have to be paper filed as Intuit software wont let you alter the SS# once it has been transmitted.        
  Shareholder A in an S-corporation had $0 stock basis and $100,000 of Debt basis (from loans provided to the corp over the past few years - that have never been paid back).  Shareholder A wishes t... See more...
  Shareholder A in an S-corporation had $0 stock basis and $100,000 of Debt basis (from loans provided to the corp over the past few years - that have never been paid back).  Shareholder A wishes to no longer be involved in the business.   Shareholder B wants to continue the business.   Shareholder A agrees to take payments on the loan.   Questions are this:   1.  How are the payments treated? 2.  What happens to the Debt basis? 3.  What happens to the Shares owned by A?