chelseagoode's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chelseagoode's Posts

I have followed the instructions provided on the Lacerte Intuit Help board to input a like-kind exchange into the schedule D (dispositions) screen. However, I am receiving critical diagnostic ref #20... See more...
I have followed the instructions provided on the Lacerte Intuit Help board to input a like-kind exchange into the schedule D (dispositions) screen. However, I am receiving critical diagnostic ref #2050607 "Under the newly enacted "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act", like kind exchanges completed after December 31, 2017 are limited to exchanges of real property that are not primarily held for resale ... " The property given up is real property that was held by the fiduciary, but not as an asset held for resale.  Is there a field I am missing in my entry to have this transaction process through schedule D as a real asset not held for resale?
Thanks Rob. That seems to be a hit-and-miss solution. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but at least I was able to get it to work a couple times. It also seems like the diagnostics are not lin... See more...
Thanks Rob. That seems to be a hit-and-miss solution. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but at least I was able to get it to work a couple times. It also seems like the diagnostics are not linked once I do get them to show up. 
In 2019 software package, all modules, the pop-out window for diagnostics will open on my screen, however, it does not show any diagnostics. It has the left hand view and Diagnostic Filter bar, the t... See more...
In 2019 software package, all modules, the pop-out window for diagnostics will open on my screen, however, it does not show any diagnostics. It has the left hand view and Diagnostic Filter bar, the top tool bar for printing and refreshing, and two two light colored lines at the top right with, what appears to be, cut off print for headers but the rest of the window is grey where it would normally show my list of diagnostics. See below screenshot. Has anyone had this issue? I thought there was a way to adjust toolbar settings to include/exclude the pop-out window options, in which case I would remove, restart and add back the button to fix it, but I can't seem to find the instructions on how to do so. Is this actually not an option in 2019? I can see the diagnostics in the diagnostics tab from the main window, so I know that there should be diagnostics in the pop-out window.
Does the form 8453 for certain attachments to the tax return still have to mailed in with the documents if I have already attached those documents to the return? The form instructions make it seem as... See more...
Does the form 8453 for certain attachments to the tax return still have to mailed in with the documents if I have already attached those documents to the return? The form instructions make it seem as if the attachment gets sent in with the e-filed return AND mailed in with this form. If I don't need to mail Form 8453 in addition to attaching the pdf attachment, how do I keep the form from generating? I have completed the E-File information portion of the required form and yet the 8453 remains in active forms.
When I select the field to enter explanation of changes for an amended return in the 2016 software, it freezes the program and doesn't allow me to enter any information. The typical text box doesn't ... See more...
When I select the field to enter explanation of changes for an amended return in the 2016 software, it freezes the program and doesn't allow me to enter any information. The typical text box doesn't open up for me to edit but I am able to unfreeze by pressing ESC. The software updates are current and I checked to see if the text box window opened in the background.  Has anyone encountered this and know how to fix it?
I retract my previous question. The information was in forms but the related form is called Supporting Detail, rather than Worksheets. 
Is there a master setting that might suppress this feature? I am looking at a schedule E input field, opened the "Supporting Detail" window and selected "Worksheet" in the "Print as" field of the win... See more...
Is there a master setting that might suppress this feature? I am looking at a schedule E input field, opened the "Supporting Detail" window and selected "Worksheet" in the "Print as" field of the window. However, this detail is not showing up on the worksheets in Forms view.
We're having the same issue. We enter the form as it should be and it throws a critical diagnostic that prevents e-filing. But if we enter information into the form to get the critical diagnostic to ... See more...
We're having the same issue. We enter the form as it should be and it throws a critical diagnostic that prevents e-filing. But if we enter information into the form to get the critical diagnostic to go away, it gets rejected during e-file for the form being completed incorrectly. Does anyone know how to submit a tech ticket without having to call them? I did the latest update but that didn't help.