4faith
Level 1

Hi George4Tacks

I had to fill out the 1040-X form than mail it to the IRS because on April 17th, 2020 I accidentally check the box that says someone can claim me as a dependent in freefilefillableforms.com. Few weeks later my stimulus check got delayed because of the mistake that I made.

I am just getting SSI $783.00 per month which it is only my income, I am disabled, I live alone, I am single, never married, never have any dependents (children), I never file any taxes which I had not filed any in 2018/ 2019 and no one in my family never required to claim me on their taxes as a dependent. I went to the non filers: freefilefillable forms.com to enter my information with my TD Bank checking account on April 17th 2020 than I check the - someone can claim me as a dependent box by accident.

So I decided to contact the IRS to tell them I accidentally check the box someone can claim me as a dependent in non filers tool and I had not receive a stimulus check. The representative explained to me in order for them to correct the mistake that I made on April 17th, 2020 and for me to receive a stimulus check as quickly as possible this year I will have to fill out the 1040-X form than mail it to the IRS.

I filled out the 1040-X Amended form than I mailed it on June 22nd along with my SSI award letter and my letter to the IRS explaining what happened on April 17th, 2020.

The reason why I had to attach the SSI award letter and my letter to the IRS to 1040-X form as a supportive document is because i contacted Social Security Administration to request the SSA-1099 form to fill out than attach it along with 1040-X form as a supportive document. The Social Security Administration representative told me the forms SSA-1099 are not available for people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

I went to Where is my Amended Return site: https://sa.www4.irs.gov/wmar/notice to check the status of my amended return than I see that it is not showing up in my account and i keep on getting the error message saying:

[ Your amended return information is currently unavailable in this application. It takes up to 3 weeks for an amended return to show on your account. You can generally expect your amended return to be processed within 16 weeks from the date we receive it. Check the date you filed your amended return and try again later. ]

I called the IRS again asking a representative should I fill out the 1040 2019 form than write Amended EIP Return on top of it ? because I wonder why my amended return is still not showing up on my account and I'm thinking it is because there is no Dependent box on the 1040-X Amended form where I can uncheck that I'm not a dependent to get the Stimulus check. The representative told me please don't do anything else !!! because if I fill out the 1040 2019 form than write Amended EIP Return on top of it than it is going to delay my stimulus check which it will going to make it get worse and she can't look it up with my SSN to see why my Amended Return is not showing up because she don't have access to it and I have to just be patient but I still get the same error message when I check the status and It has been 6 weeks since I mailed it on June 22nd.

Do you have any ideas why the reason I keep on getting the error message in Where is my Amended Return and what should I do ? because I am starting to worry right now and it is getting me very confused.

0 Cheers