Tommytg
Level 1

I have been following this odyssey since day one and sharing with my clients and family members what I receive from the IRS and my tax  reporting services only, so that I share what I know to be fact and not rumor.  What I have learned for sure is that there is no rhyme or reason as to how the IRS sends either direct payments or checks.  I had a client who filed only his 2018 return get his payment and another not.  There's no sense to it BUT there is a table for check payments to which the IRS has been adhering.  And even that has changed since 5/13/20 when they began accelerating the amount of checks produced each week.  My recommendation is to simply accept the payment as it comes without regard for the payment format, and forget about changing anything with them.  You can check all their boxes and still not receive your payment timely, as happened to me.  It wasn't until I went to their website and entered my bank info that I was able to speed up my payment processing by at least a month.  Others that I know of have not been so lucky and are still waiting for their payments.  As I've been saying all along, good luck getting your buck.  Tom Bruzda, E.A.