atxcpa
Level 2

We tried the PS hosting through Intuit (RightNetworks).  The migration worked fairly well, without any major issues.  Our tech support rep was extremely helpful.  Adding an additional user proved difficult and involved IT support in the end, which was disappointing.  While it was slower than our local network, the operational speed was acceptable.  However, the problem was the platform itself.  Our data started getting corrupted.  Firm information was erased in several files.  This resulted in having to reenter the firm setup in those files before they could be processed.  And, the final straw, file data was completely erased.  We lost all data in several files, some data in others and some files were erased from HomeBase and could not be recovered without IT support.  I migrated all our data files back to our local server and am now trying to determine which files have issues.  Tech support has recovered some files from the daily backups they perform, but now we have to determine how far back to go and assess each file for completeness.  This has been a huge setback. I have used platforms in the past that have worked well.  This one did not.  I will look for a different cloud-based alternative for next year.