BobKamman
Level 15

If the legislative and executive branches were serious about curtailing this virus, they know how to do it. Just enact a tax credit. Last February would have been the best time, but it’s not too late now. Make it payable in advance of 1040 filing. How much do you think it would take? $100? $300? $500? Or looking at the Medicare and Medicaid savings, maybe $2,500 would balance the books.

There are some intelligent, educated people who regularly post here, and I like to think that all of them are vaccinated. So don’t tell me otherwise. I also like to think that they know they are influencers. The best way to convince others to protect themselves is through the example of people they know and trust. You don’t have to proselytize, but at least bear witness to your decision. The life you save, may be a paying client for the next 20 years.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"There are some intelligent, educated people who regularly post here, and I like to think that all of them are vaccinated."

And along with those people, I am vaccinated too.

I was talking to a cousin of mine yesterday.  He manages a company with a dozen or two employees.  He said he has been trying to convince those employees to get vaccinated.  He said about 2/3 are vaccinated but he has run into a dead end street trying to convince the remaining employees to do so.  One of the bright young ladies in the office refuses to do so because she isn't gong to be running around with a chip in her arm.  He pointed out that he would have thought there would have been some incentive to get vaccinated since one of the employees did come down with COVID earlier and lost 40 pounds in the process.

I think a tax credit would be a good idea, and I think it would probably have worked quite well for those that already got vaccinated.  For the rest of the folks, I'm not sure how much of a tax credit it would take to allow the government to put a chip in your arm.  By the way, have I mentioned yet --------- you still can't fix stupid?

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

Someone showed up to a small out door gathering (about 6 people) last week. 1 1/2 hours in she announced she was not vaccinated and those who were vaccinated were "shedding bad stuff" from the vaccines into the air.

I think I am never gonna leave my home again!!!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dkh
Level 15

My sister will not get vaccinated because she believes it will change her DNA.  She works in the medical field.

My sister-in-law will not get vaccinated because of the terrible "things" that are in it.  Yet she is injecting horse serum purchased from a vet clinic into her food to protect herself from covid.

I think they both would get vaccinated if there was a tax credit.  Money talks.

I keep wondering when I will wake up from this strange dream.

IRonMaN
Level 15

As the old saying goes ---------------- you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family 😬

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I can't think of anything much worse than,  as the tax pro,  having to verify whether someone is vaccinated or not...  having to deal with the medical insurance crap has been bad enough 🤣

"How much would it take" is an interesting question.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Verifying if they received the vaccination would be easy.  The IRS would just need to make available scanners so that we can double check if they have a tracking chip inserted in their arm  😁

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"As the old saying goes ---------------- "

you can't pick your family, but you can pick your nose.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
abctax55
Level 15

Or we could add quick DNA testing to the office procedures to determine if the DNA has been altered 😆

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

"I'm so old."

"How old are you?"

"I'm so old, I can remember when losers had a chip on their shoulder, not in their shoulder."

dkh
Level 15

Oh haven't you heard...... a quarter will stay on your arm at the vaccine injection site

so no need for IRS to send us chip scanners