ReddLaw
Level 2

Is it possible for this program to do my return then instead of e-filing I print and mail my return?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Which program is "this program?" You started this topic in the Tax Talk section of the community forum. There is Lacerte, ProSeries, or ProConnect tax prep software in use in this community. Which of those are you using? And you can't efile without being registered for it with the IRS and with Intuit, anyway. Are you an ERO? Do you have an EFIN?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
ReddLaw
Level 2

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I apologize, I guess I didn’t add my post to the correct area. I was wanting to use ProConnect and I have a client who doesn’t want their return e-filed. They would like their return to be printed then then mailed in and I am not that savvy with this program yet? She is an independent contractor and only has 1099 nec income to report. Thanks for your help! 

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

If mailing, instead of e-filing, Form 8948 required to be attached. 

George4Tacks
Level 15

Enter the Client, then look at the Profile. Remove the check marks for SELECT FOR E-FILE

Then go to e-file PDF/Miscellaneous > Form 8948 ... > and check the first box for Taxpayer(s) chose to file return on paper.

Advise the client that the return is reviewed more thoroughly and will take much longer to process. Also let them know that stuff gets lost in the mail. e-file is much quicker and more secure and you get immediate confirmation of receipt of delivery. PAPER IS A PAIN. Where do you even find an envelope nowadays? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
ReddLaw
Level 2

Thank you so much for your help!