PattyAnn
Level 2

My client was set up for Direct Deposit of their State refund and Fund Withdrawals for their  Federal amount due.  However, they received refund checks from the state, the funds were not direct deposited.  My concern now is the funds will not be withdrawn from their account for the Federal amount due.  All of the boxes are checked in the program and the bank account and routing number are imputed correctly.  I am not sure how to check to see if these funds will truly be withdrawn from their account.  The withdrawal date is set for 4/15/21.  

Any suggestions?

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

On the information worksheet for the state is the box checked for direct deposit?  I know if I have a balance due on the federal and a refund on the state I have to check the box on the state for direct deposit.  I don't have to do that if there is also a federal refund with direct deposit.

dkh
Level 15

Yep, I've done the same as @TAXOH .     The program gives an error for checking the box for state direct deposit if the federal is a direct deposit but it does not if the federal is a balance due and the state is a refund

PattyAnn
Level 2

After looking at the return, I do not think I checked the box for direct deposit on the State.  However, all of the banking information is there.  My question then is-if the box was not checked for direct deposit for the state refund, will the funds be withdrawn for Federal balance?  I checked the box for the funds to be withdrawn for the Federal but am wondering if there will be a glitch because I did not check the box for direct deposit for the state.

Thanks for your help!

TAXOH
Level 11

The withdrawal on the federal should be fine.

View solution in original post

PattyAnn
Level 2

Thank You!

TAXOH
Level 11

You're welcome.