qbteachmt
Level 15

@TaxGuyBill 

hammad is a new tax preparer, as well as trying to work with QB customers. I keep pointing him to the QB forum for QB questions and tasks. But his tax issues are best handled by finding a local CPA to mentor him, don't you think? Everything he asks about taxes indicates he's trying to figure it out by looking at the Forms and not understanding that the fields on the forms are filled in by an Informed tax preparer according to IRS regulations that apply. That's why you take continuing education classes and work with a mentor = to learn. Asking an end user community to help you use the program to make an entry you already know all the details of, is different than still learning the ins and outs of the tax regulations. And as a consultant, I have learned that you cannot "call it what the client called it when they told me" because they are not the tax professional and they do not know the regulations.

Someone might have "spent" $16,000 to get their business off the ground. That doesn't make it Expense for the bookkeeping or for the tax return filing. You have to know what they used their cash flow for, and that might fall under many different categorizations.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.