rbynaker
Level 13

@sjrcpa wrote:

It's close to 6,000 pages. Wait for the Readers Digest version.

And AFAIK it's not an actual law, just a bill that Congressional leadership told the media they agree on.  I'm not convinced the ball has stopped bouncing yet.

They were supposed to come up with something by last Friday (when the government was scheduled to shut down.)  Instead they passed a 48-hour funding stop-gap measure and vowed to work through the weekend and get it done by Sunday.  On Sunday (yesterday) they passed a 24-hour stop-gap thinking they would have something today.  My understanding from news sources today is that the House will be passing a bill that simply determines the debate rules for the ~6K page bill while funding the government for another 7 days.  Supposedly to give the House time to vote on the actual bill, which will be split into two parts.  Then the two parts will be duct-taped together and sent to the Senate to vote on.  So maybe we'll have something by next Monday?  And maybe the "something" we'll have is just another stop-gap extension.

Another article I read attributed the delay to a printing problem.  I envisioned some Congressional staffer going full "Office Space" on an old HP printer.  Paper Jam?  PC Load Letter?

Tell me again, what's the opposite of PROgress?