snoopy_hsk
Level 1

I received a letter from IRS in March that form 1116 was missing from my return that I filed in February.  The fax number on the IRS letter did not work, so I sent the form in the mail.  It is still pending and it is preventing the stimulus check from coming as well.   When working on the 1116, I found out a state deduction I missed.  At this point, should I file a supersede tax forms for federal and state before July 15, or wait for IRS to catch up first and file the amended return?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

And this is not holding up an EIP payment. Did you file a 2018 tax return?

Ex-AllStar
snoopy_hsk
Level 1

Yes, it is.  We did a large Roth conversion in 2018 which would disqualify us from receiving the payment.  The status says that the payment is pending due to the 2019 tax being pending.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Interesting. I have not seen that status before.

IRS has been shut down since March; the mail is piled in trailers. No one will look at your correspondence for a long time.

Whether you file an amended return or a superseding return it, too, will be mailed and sit for a very long time.

You may not get the EIP until you file your 2020 return.

Ex-AllStar